Palkuriki Somanatha was one of the most popular Telugu language writers in the 12th century. He was born in Palkuriki village in Warangal district of Telangana. He was also a famous writer in the Kannada and Sanskrit languages and penned various divine texts.
Somanatha was a Shiva devotee and a follower of the great saint Basava and his writings were based on the greatness of Lord Basava and Lord Shiva.
He considered Lord Shiva and Mata Parvati as the father and mother of the entire universe. He was praised by the king Prataparudra and he occupied an important position in his court.
1. Basava Purana
2. Panditaradhya Charitra
3. Malamadevi Puranamu
4. Somanatha Stava
6. Chennamallu Sisamalu
7. Vrishadhipa Shataka
1. Enjoy the presence of Lord Shiva in your heart, and dance with full of pleasure and joy, and forget all your worries.
2. Chanting Shiva, Shiva is the only medicine for your all kinds of mental as well as physical diseases.
3. Don’t differentiate the people based on their caste, creed and community.
4. Your mouth is given for chanting Lord Shiva, your eyes are given for seeing him, your ears are given for hearing his divine mantras, and your hands are given for worshipping him, and your legs are given for walking to his temples, and your heart is given for filling the entire thoughts on Lord Shiva.
5. Consume the divine Prasad of Lord Shiva, in order to get relieved from your sins.
6. Based on your true devotion, Lord Shiva would forget and forgive your sins, and gives you SALVATION.
Let us worship the great saint Somanatha and be blessed.
“OM SRI SOMANATHARE NAMAHA”
“OM NAMAH SHIVAYA”
“OM MATA SIVAGAMIYE NAMAHA”