Lord Pashupati is an incarnation of Lord Shiva, and he is considered as the “ANIMAL GOD”.
Lord Pashupati contains five faces, and each faces represent wisdom, power, courage, efficiency and knowledge. He is also the controller of earth, water, air, fire and sky. He is described in the Shiva Purana as the most important deity, and the controller of the entire universe. He has taken this incarnation in order to protect the poor animals from destruction and also to make us to take care of animals by providing proper food and water to them.
There is a nice temple for Lord Shree Pashupatinath in Nepal, and most of the tourists who aim for visiting Mount Kailash would also visit this holy temple of Lord Shiva. It is also considered as a most sacred temple in Nepal. Apart from this temple, there is one more popular Pashupatinath temple, and it is situated on the banks of the Holy Shivana River in Madhya Pradesh, and in this temple, Lord Shiva has eight faces.
Lord Pashupati is also considered as a divine guru similar to Guru Dakshinamoorthy.
Some of his famous teachings are as follows:
1. Show your love and gratitude towards animals, since animals are the special creations of the god.
2. Provide food and water to the animals as much as you can.
3. Consider that all the dogs contain the features of my divine incarnation Kala Bhairava.
4. By loving and taking care of animals, you would be suitably rewarded in the divine worlds.
5. You are not going to lose your entire wealth, by taking care of the animals.
6. Even the songs sung in praise of me will not attract me, but your sincere service to the animals would greatly please me, and I will grant suitable boons to you.
7. I have created human beings in order to take care of the animals similar to their child.
8. Never ever show your anger on animals, and don’t hurt them, since I dwell in the soul of animals also.
9. Even the great sages and saints showed their affection on animals, hence, similar to them, you also show your kindness on them.