Anandamayi Ma (1896–1982) was an Indian Saint.She was appreciated by Sivananda and Yogananda and described her as a perfect woman consisting of spiritual energy.
Anandamayi was born in a Brahmin family in Bangladesh. At the age of twelve years, she was married to Bholanath. Though she was married, she concentrated her attention on meditation and doing prayers to the god.
In 1926, she renovated an ancient Kali temple in the West Bengal. She has given various lectures about spirituality and was attracted by the large crowd. Various scholars were drawn to her spiritual power and interested in listening to her lectures. She also lived during the period of the great Hindu saints like Sri Aurobindo, Ramana Maharshi and Paramahansa Yogananda.
The Anandamayi Sangha in Haridwar organizes meditation, religious discourse and devotional music.
She died in Dehradun at the age of 86. And a Samadhi was built for her in Haridwar.
1. She asked each one to be loved and to be respected.
2. Don’t judge a person only by his wealth. There is no need to have enough wealth for a knowledgeable person.
3. Give proper respect to the poor, and the underprivileged people. If possible, do some sort of help to them.
4. Don’t get attracted through a person’s appearance. Get attracted by his/her personal good behaviour.
5. Do social welfare activities like feeding food and providing housing and clothing facilities to the poor.
6. Think about god. You will get all prosperity in your life.
7. Don’t hurt anyone by physical or mental activities.
She was a great saint and a religious philosopher who guides the people through her kindness and gentleness approach and also by her teachings. Many people were benefitted by her teachings and she was praised for her great knowledge, wisdom, courage and boldness.
She was a great divine mother who changed the life of her followers in a better manner. She was known for her capability to interact with the great spiritual gurus at her time. She contains knowledge in Hindu scriptures and other divine Hindu texts. She asked the people to be active and not to be lazy. She insisted her followers to work hard for their livelihood and to gain spiritual energy in their spare time.
Let us worship her and be blessed.
“OM SREE ANANDAMAYI MA NAMAHA”