Shodasa Datta Avatara are 16 incarnations of Lord Dattatreya which are believed as the manifestations of Sri Datta before Kaliyuga. As Dattatreya swamy is the eternal wanderer of earth, his divine appearance in front of Maharshis and his beloved devotees are known as his Shodasa avataras.
‘Datta Puranam’, a scripture written by Sri Vasudevananda saraswati swamy, details the 16 Datta avatarams and the appearance days of each avatar and in front of whom the avatara was appeared.
Here is the detailed information on Avatara of Dattatreya, Datta Avatara dinotsavam and to whom the avatara was born.
When you click on the link given on particular Datta Avatara, you can read story and Dhyana Shloka and Arghya Stotras of that Avatara.
- Yogiraja avatar – Kartika Purnima – to Athri and Anasuya (4 November 2017)
- Atri Varada avatar – Kartika Krishna pratipada – to Atri and shown his ‘Trimurti’ tathwa
- Dattatreya avataram – Kartika Krishna dwitiya – to Atri
- Kalagni Shamana avatara – Margashirsha Purnima – As son of Anasuya
- Yogijana Vallabha – Margashirsha Purnima – Blessed salvation to Yogis
- Leela Vishwambhara – Poush Purnima (2 January 2018) – reappeared after severe penance for 100 years in water
- SiddhaRaja – Magha Purnima (31 Januuary 2018) – blessed Siddhis to Siddha purushas
- Gnana Sagara – Falguna Shukla Dasami – Has done Gnanabodha to Siddhas
- Vishwambhara Avadhoota – Chaitra Purnima – Appeared ugly to Siddhas and then shown his Vishwarupa (31 March 2018)
- Mayamuktavadhoota (Sri Avadhoota Shakti) – Vaishakha Shukla Chaturdasi – Begged bhiksha along with a dog (9 May 2017)
- Maayayuktavadhoota – Jyeshta Shukla Trayodashi – Appeared with a woman in lap (7 June 2017)
- Aadi Guru – Ashada Purnima – Appeared in front of Alarka, the son of Madalasa (27 July 2018)
- Shiva Guru Dattatreya (Sivarupa Datta) – Sravana Shukla Ashtami – The one who answered to Pingalanaga (31 July 2017)
- Sri Devadeveshwara Avadhoota (Devadeva Avadhoota) – Bhadrapad Shukla Chaturdashi – Appeared in front of Lord Brahma under Amalaka Tree (5 September 2017)
- Digambara Avadhoota – Ashwin Purnima – The one who blessed Yadu Maharaja (16 October 2016 / 5 October 2017)
- Sri Krishna Shyama Kamalanayana – Kartika Shukla Dwadashi (11 November 2016 / 1 November 2017) – The one who appeared In blue colour on Gnana Thalpa to his disciples