Ganesh immersion, Ganesh Visarjan 2014 dates. Ganapati Nimajjanam (Vianayaka Visarjan) is the culmination day of 12-day Ganesh Chaturthi or Ganapati Navaratri celebrations. Usually, Ganesh immersion is held on Anant Chaturdashi day.
Genrally Ganesh nimajjan is performed on the 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th or the 10th day of Ganesh Navratri festival.
To make the festival more enthusiastic and keep the globe free of pollution, use clay or eco-friendly Ganesh idols. The Ganesha Thathwa (Philosophy of Ganesh worship) teaches the same. We use 21 types of herbal leaves and flowers during Ganesh Festival to worship Lord Ganesh.
Here is the list of Ganesh Visarjan dates in 2014
- Ganpati Visarjan after one and half day – 30 August 2014
- Ganesh immersion after three days - 31 August 2014
- Ganesh Visarjan after five days – 2 September 2014
- Ganesh nimajjan after seven days – 4 September 2014
- Ganpati Visarjan after ten days – 7 September 2014
- Final day of immersion or last day to perform Ganesh visarjan is - Anant Chaturdashi– 8 September 2014
In some places, from the day of Ganesh Chaturthi festival, the Ganesha idols are also prepared for immersion. Due to terrorist activities and other security reasons, in 2014, Ganesh immersion throughout India will be performed under tight security of the armed forces.
Video of Ganesh Chaturthi Puja in Hindi
Video of Vinayaka Chavithi Vrathakalpam in Telugu
Video of Ganesh Chaturthi Puja in Marathi
Video of Ganesh Chaturthi Puja in English
Video of Ganesh Chaturthi Puja in Kannada
As per tradition, Ganesh immersion is performed on Anant Chaturthi day, which was September 18 in 2013, September 29 in 2012. In 2011, it was on September 11.