Upanayanam dates 2023 | Upanayana Muhurthas 2023 | Yagnopavitha Muhurat

Upanayanam, also known as Yagnopavitha Dharana, the sacred thread ceremony is the highly auspicious event in a Brahmin’s life.

Upanayanam is known as Upanayanam in Malayalam, Punal in Tamil, Odugu or Upanayanamu in Telugu, Upanayana or Munji in Kannada, Janeu in Hindi, Munja in Marathi, Munji in Konkani, Lagundeoni in Assamese, Uponayon in Bengali, Brata Ghara in Oriya, Bratabandra in Nepali, Mekhal in Kashmiri, Munji or Noola Madimme in Tulu, Yagnopavit in Gujarati, and Janya in Sindhi.

Here is the list of Upanayanam dates, day, nakshatram, Lagnam and the auspicious time in 2023… (Unless it is mentioned like ‘North India’ the muhurtham is for both North India & South India).

Upanayanam dates in January 2023

26 January 2023, Thursday – Shukla Panchami. Uttarabhadra Nakshatra. Meena Lagna. Abhijit Muhurat. This muhurat is auspicious for the natives of vrishabha rashi, mithuna rashi, karka rashi, kanya rashi, tula rashi, vrischika rashi, makar rashi, kumbh rashi, meena rashi.

31 January 2023, Tuesday – Shukla Dashami. Rohini Nakshatra. Abhijit Muhurat. This muhurat is auspicious for the natives of mesha rashi, vrishabha rashi, karka rashi, simha rashi, kanya rashi, vrischika rashi, dhanu rashi, makar rashi, meena rashi.

Upanayanam dates in February 2023

8 February 2023, Wednesday – Krishna Tritiya. Poorva Phalguni Nakshatra. Meena Lagna. This muhurat is auspicious for the natives of mesha rashi, mithuna rashi, karka rashi, simha rashi, tula rashi, vrischika rashi, dhanu rashi, kumbh rashi, meena rashi.

10 February 2023, Friday – Krishna Chaturthi. Hasta nakshatra. Meena Lagna. Abhijit Muhurat. This muhurat is auspicious for the natives of mesha rashi, vrishabha rashi, karka rashi, simha rashi, kanya rashi, vrischika rashi, dhanu rashi, makar rashi, meena rashi.

22 February 2023, Wednesday – Shukla Tritiya. Uttarabhadra nakshatra. Meena Lagna. This muhurat is auspicious for the natives of vrishabha rashi, mithuna rashi, karka rashi, kanya rashi, tula rashi, vrischika rashi, makar rashi, kumbha rashi, meena rashi.

Upanayanam dates in March 2023

9 March 2023, Thursday – Krishna Dwitiya. Hasta nakshatra. Meena Lagna. Abhijit muhurat. This muhurat is auspicious for the natives of mesha rashi, vrishabha rashi, karka rashi, simha rashi, kanya rashi, vrischika rashi, dhanu rashi, makar rashi, meena rashi.

23 March 2023, Thursday – Shukla Dwitiya. Revati nakshatra. Abhijit muhurat. This muhurat is auspicious for the natives of vrishabha rashi, mithuna rashi, karka rashi, kanya rashi, tula rashi, vrischika rashi, makar rashi, kumbha rashi, meena rashi.

Write Your Comment

332 Comments

1. Manit says:

what is the muhurtha on September 11th/2013 at 7 10 A M in India

2. Nirad says:

what happens if we do upanayanam in december?

3. Pranoy says:

auspicious day in feb 2014for scared thread function

4. mudium saiprasad says:

# PRANAM GURU MAHARAJ JI #
    # JAI SAT CHIT ANAND #

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY YOUR GOODSLVES GAVE DATES FOR 2013 WHICH PASSED ALREADY.

PLEASE GIVE DATES FOR 2014

REGARDS,
    MUDIUM SAIPRASAD

5. nelatur bhanu says:

I want to know if there are any muhurtham in july and august 2014, as per my sons nakshtra..
    His dob 19th august 2001 time 12.05 pm afternoon..maka nakshtram.

6. Vishwanath Chatterjee says:

Pranam Guruji.
    My Son Mast Pratosh Chatterjee DOB 5th August 2001 is completing 14 years and will start 15years after 5th August 2015 and hence, woould like to get his Upanayanam Ceremony done this year.
    Kindly confirm good dates from September month onwards, so that we can fix a date confortable to us as we need to do this at Kolkata and I am staying at Chennai.

Please suggest all good dates for Upanayanam ceremony in 2015 from September month through my E mail id or mobile no. 09940448644

My

7. Uday Bhan Pandey says:

I want to perform Janeu(Upnayan) for both my sons- Rajeshwar Pandey(DOB-14/04/1998) and Deveshwar Pandey( DOB- 25/10/2004) together. What are suitable dates in 2017 ? Regards, Uday Bhan Pandey, Father

8. Uday Bhan Pandey says:

I want to perform Janeu(Upnayan) for both my sons- Rajeshwar Pandey(DOB-14/04/1998 and Deveshwar Pandey( DOB- 25/10/2004) together. What are suitable dates in 2017 ?

9. siddhartha says:

Date of birth of my son Lokesh is 22.3.2007. I want to perform Upanayan of my son. Kindly suggest suitable dates of Upanayana in the year 2017.

10. Saiteja says:

Is there any upanayana muhurtham in October ???

11. BN sastry says:

Namasthe, My second son’s dob is 26-1-1991, pob is kurnool tob is 9.32 AM. Please find a good upanayana Muhurath for him. His dad’s Nakshatra is Arudra, my boy’s is Rohini 2 padam. thank you.

12. Usha says:

My son name: kashyap Jaitra
    Want to do upanayana. We are madhwas(kannada)
    Date of birth : 11/01/2005
    Time: 7:19pm
    Place of birth: vijayawada
    Please send muhurtam date and time

13. Km sharma says:

My name kollapur mahendar birth star rohini 3rd padad vrushabha raasi
    My son name srikar birth star revathi end padad means raasi
    Please give muhurtham in May and June 2017.
    Place Hyderabad telangana
    Thanking you.

14. rajaraman k says:

My Son D O B 04/04/20006 Suitable Dates For His Upanayam in 2017

15. VRRMOHANRAO says:

Grandson’s upanayanam
    Name_ – TADINADA SAI KARTIK,
    Date of Birth – 30.12.2001,
    Place of birth- BissamCuttack,Rayagada district,Odisha,
    Time-consuming 5.00PM
    Upanayanam will be held at Rajahmundry A.P
    I want suitable datesin June 2017

16. Rama Bandyopadhyay says:

I have two sons. One is 14years old and another is 10 years old. I want to give upanayan at same time. What are the muhurats for it??
    Our title is Bandyopadhyay

17. SWATI BANERJE says:

Want to do my son saptarshi banerjee’s upanayan. Date of birth 20.4.2005. 11:20 a.m .please send suitable dates.

18. Manisha Asrani says:

My grandson birthdate is 11.06.2005 time is 15:23 born in Augusta/Georgia/USA.
    Please tell me the auspicious date for thread ceremony from July to August to in between 19th dec. to 30th dec 2017. His name is Aarav Khanna.
    Thanks

19. Aruna Gireesh says:

My son born on July 5 2004 at 11.12 am, PL provide us the suitable date for his upanayana. Thanks

20. From jayant b shrikhande says:

My grand son dt of birth 22 may 2010 time 11 -53 am pune can we perform upnayan sanskar any date from 25th Dec to 5th Jan 2018 whitch date is suitable name
    Medidhaunsh niraj shrikhande

21. VRCMURTHY says:

We are planing to perform upanayanam to my son vadrevu sai srinivasa subramanya lakshmi kanth nakshatram : ravathi . father nakshatram sravanam . mother nakshatram ravathi . please suggest 2 best muhotham in march or April

22. VRCMURTHY says:

We planing to upanayanam to my son nakshatram ; ravathi. father nakshatram ; sravanam mother ; nakshatram ;ravathi. Please suggested 2 muhotham March, April.

23. Narasimha says:

Namaste, I want to do upanayanam for my first son. We found 12/07/2017 10:45 AM to 11:45 AM muhurtham. Could you please advise is it a good day.
    My son DOB: 31/03/2011 Time: 11:42am
    my DOB: 25/07/1976 Time:4:30 Am

24. Dc ojha says:

My son ankit ojha, dob is 23 jan 2001. Gotra is atri. What is the suitable dates for upanayan sanskar in the month of may 2017.

25. Karan says:

My son completed 10yrs his birth date is 31 /01/2007 birth place Vasai (Maharashtra) birth time 1.13 PM We would like to do tread ceremony in May 2017 can you tell me suitable dates & time.

26. Sumita samaddar says:

My son’s birthday22.11.03 at 7.30 am.what is the suitable date of his thread ceremony in may2017

27. ACHYUTH PATEEL says:

Is KESHA KHANDANA (GUNDU) compulsory for upanayanam?please reply if any body knows. …I am bothering very much about it

28. Shiva Shankar says:

Dear Sir,

My Son name is D.S. samarth, Date of Birth is 29-12-2005.

Please tell me the upanayanam-dates-muhurthams in april to may 17.

Regards
    Shiva Shankar

29. Sonali says:

Dear sir , please guide me whether the muhurta in 28 , 29 ,30 May 2017 are suitable for my son , Neelay , DOB 1st Feb 2007 , place of birth ,Dombivali , Thane and time is 1.31 pm. Kindly guide. Thank you.

30. viji says:

Wanted to know about the next upanayanam dates in bangalore for 2017.

31. Sudhamurthy says:

My sister son having 11 years old v want do upanayana for him in this year please suggest us one date in the month of May date of birth ..09.2006, Mula nakshatra

32. Prasanjit Das says:

I’m Prasanjit Das of sudra caste but I want to brahmin I performe Durga Puja at home with big Durga pratima as per sastra niyam. But I want to take Janeau plz give me suggestions in this regard. U can cll me at 8638114110 or gmail at madurgakali789@gmail.com . Plz help me guruji. I have heard that those who have known Brahma gayan can be Brahman so pls suggest me.

33. Y usha rani says:

My son’s D o b is 7/8/2003 please tell me upanayana muhurtam injune

34. G sai says:

Can you send auspicious days for performance of my only son whose date of birth 03.07.1995.Pubbanakshtram simha rasi

35. Ananta says:

Guruji namaskar
    Like to know is there any
    good dates for upanayanam (thread ceremony) of my son Snehant Tripathy dob 3-2-2006 time 15.14 Nayagarh odisha. Mob 9923085105

36. Arpita Bhattacharjee says:

My son Trideb Bhattacharjee, date of birth 17_11_2003 place .. Guwahati Assam Time .. 15:27 hrs. Pl let me know a suitable date for his upanayan.

37. Ravi says:

namasthe 🙏..,

Want to do My son’s upanayanam
    Name_ – Surya
    Date of Birth – 07/05/2006
    Place of birth- bangalore , india
    Time- 10:15 am sunday
    Please suggest suitable dates in 2018

Thank you ..

38. Sanjay says:

We want to do our son upanayana on 30/04/2017.so pls tell me that day morning muhoortham time.

39. Nirali Trivedi says:

My son’s name Rudrik and dob is 07-08-2008 10:42am and birth place is Surendranagar so will you please let me know dates for Upanayan Sankar in 2017-2018 ?

40. Naresh Mehta says:

41. Jash Pandya says:

My Son Has Birth Date 27/01/2009
    Birth Time 02:35 Mumbai
    We Would Like To Have Upnayan Before his Birthday in 2018
    So Can You Suggest Us Muhrat Between Oct 2016 – Jan 26 2017

42. Sastry says:

Is Upanayanam never done on Saturdays?

43. vikrambhai says:

please give my two son upnayana(janoe/yagnopaveet) sanskar muhurt in 2018 year

name: kunal vikrambhai thanki date of bith: 03/11/2004
    name: ankit vikrambhai thanki date of birth: 02/03/2009

44. Susanta Kumar Mishra says:

I like to know suitable dates for Upanayan of my son .The date of birth is 7.11.2005 and time 2.45 pm.Please give your sugestion.

45. S krishnamourthy says:

I have 2 sons, first one is Revathi nakshatra, Meena Raashi, 2 nd one is Pooram nakshatra, Simha Raashi, mothers star is jyesta, vrichiga Raashi, and fathers star is ayilyam, kataka rassi… is 26 th June good for upanayanam for both my sons

46. D K pandey says:

My son name is abhay Kumar Pandey. Date of birth 4-7-99 time 8.40pm gurdaspur (Punjab) upanayanam muhurt june months send me please.

47. D K pandey says:

Abhay Kumar Pandey Dob .4-7-99 time 8-40pm gurdaspur.. Please send me upanayanam muhurt june 2017.

48. Vinita tiwari pathak says:

Guru ji ,hari om…..i want to do munj sanskar of my 16 year old son nischal kanishk pathak at tripati on 25th of june …..please guide me….

49. Y Srinivasu says: