Upanayanam dates 2023 | Upanayana Muhurthas 2023 | Yagnopavitha Muhurat

Upanayanam, also known as Yagnopavitha Dharana, the sacred thread ceremony is the highly auspicious event in a Brahmin’s life.

Upanayanam is known as Upanayanam in Malayalam, Punal in Tamil, Odugu or Upanayanamu in Telugu, Upanayana or Munji in Kannada, Janeu in Hindi, Munja in Marathi, Munji in Konkani, Lagundeoni in Assamese, Uponayon in Bengali, Brata Ghara in Oriya, Bratabandra in Nepali, Mekhal in Kashmiri, Munji or Noola Madimme in Tulu, Yagnopavit in Gujarati, and Janya in Sindhi.

Here is the list of Upanayanam dates, day, nakshatram, Lagnam and the auspicious time in 2023… (Unless it is mentioned like ‘North India’ the muhurtham is for both North India & South India).

Upanayanam dates in January 2023

26 January 2023, Thursday – Shukla Panchami. Uttarabhadra Nakshatra. Meena Lagna. Abhijit Muhurat. This muhurat is auspicious for the natives of vrishabha rashi, mithuna rashi, karka rashi, kanya rashi, tula rashi, vrischika rashi, makar rashi, kumbh rashi, meena rashi.

31 January 2023, Tuesday – Shukla Dashami. Rohini Nakshatra. Abhijit Muhurat. This muhurat is auspicious for the natives of mesha rashi, vrishabha rashi, karka rashi, simha rashi, kanya rashi, vrischika rashi, dhanu rashi, makar rashi, meena rashi.

Upanayanam dates in February 2023

8 February 2023, Wednesday – Krishna Tritiya. Poorva Phalguni Nakshatra. Meena Lagna. This muhurat is auspicious for the natives of mesha rashi, mithuna rashi, karka rashi, simha rashi, tula rashi, vrischika rashi, dhanu rashi, kumbh rashi, meena rashi.

10 February 2023, Friday – Krishna Chaturthi. Hasta nakshatra. Meena Lagna. Abhijit Muhurat. This muhurat is auspicious for the natives of mesha rashi, vrishabha rashi, karka rashi, simha rashi, kanya rashi, vrischika rashi, dhanu rashi, makar rashi, meena rashi.

22 February 2023, Wednesday – Shukla Tritiya. Uttarabhadra nakshatra. Meena Lagna. This muhurat is auspicious for the natives of vrishabha rashi, mithuna rashi, karka rashi, kanya rashi, tula rashi, vrischika rashi, makar rashi, kumbha rashi, meena rashi.

Upanayanam dates in March 2023

9 March 2023, Thursday – Krishna Dwitiya. Hasta nakshatra. Meena Lagna. Abhijit muhurat. This muhurat is auspicious for the natives of mesha rashi, vrishabha rashi, karka rashi, simha rashi, kanya rashi, vrischika rashi, dhanu rashi, makar rashi, meena rashi.

23 March 2023, Thursday – Shukla Dwitiya. Revati nakshatra. Abhijit muhurat. This muhurat is auspicious for the natives of vrishabha rashi, mithuna rashi, karka rashi, kanya rashi, tula rashi, vrischika rashi, makar rashi, kumbha rashi, meena rashi.

Write Your Comment

332 Comments

1. vidyasagar says:

details are helpful in planning for my son’s upanayanam

2. a k v says:

i want to know if there are any muhurthams in July-August-2013

3. Rekha says:

please let me know dates in May 2013.. also how to check on the “gurubalam” dob of my son 23 august 1994

• Malini says:

Can you please suggest good muhurtham for Upanayanam in May 2021 or March 2022 for birth star Punarvasu Mithuna rasi

4. Shanthi says:

Pls let me know the upanayanam dates for a Tanjavur Tamil Iyer boy in May 2013 & June 2013

5. ANAND says:

Pls let me know the upanayanam dates for a Hindu family belong to U.P. for my son in May 2013 & June 2013 there DOB 01/01/1995 and 13/08/1996

6. ANAND KR MISHRA says:

Pls let me know the upanayanam dates for a Hindu family belong to U.P. for my son in Apr 2013, May 2013 & June 2013 there DOB 01/01/1995 and 13/08/1996

7. Raviragavan says:

pls let me know the upnayanam dates for the hindu iyengar family at tamilnadu, in FEB 2013, March 2013 DOB 06/09/1992

8. Indu Nag says:

My son’s date of birth is 07/12/1996. We want to perform his Thread Ceremony in the month of March 2013. Please advise the best dates for this ceremony as per his DoB.

9. Dharmendra says:

Thread ceremony was performed for me and i was not able to continue . Shall i again start from any auspicious date ?

10. ganeshbabu says:

pls let me know 13/08/1996 tamil brahmin iyer pushyami nakshtra,required kataka lagnam dates for april- may 2011 muhurthams or suitable

11. Manoj Kashikar says:

Hello Sir, I m from nashik (maharashtra) my son complete his 8th year on 27 march can i do his munja even after the completion of 8th year i.e. in May 2011

• naveen.sanagala says:

It is auspicious to do Munja (upanayan) below 12 years. Please consult your local Brahmin for full details.

12. SARAT KUMAR DASH says:

Please tell me the upanayan muhurta for my son (aswini Mesha) in may/June 2011.
    advance thanks and regards
    Sarat Kumar Dash

13. Baba Joshi says:

My grandson completes 9 years of age 0n 2nd April2011.
    He is eldest child of my son. His Rashi is Vrushchik. Please suggest auspicious dates in May/June 2011.

14. sandhya says:

Gud evening, Please tell us the upanayan muhuratham for our son ( rohini / rishaba rasi / meena lagnam) in APR/MAY/JUN

15. A SHEELA says:

my nephew has completed 10 years and we need a good muhurtham date for his upanayana from 15th April 2011 – 1st May 2011. Also advise whether we can have best upanayanam muhurtham dates from 15th May to 15th June.
    His star is ” Uthirattathi”.

16. Anu Mahesh says:

My older son’s date of birth is 05/16/1996 Star Pooram and younger one date of birth 04/12/2001 Star is Kettai . We want to perform his Thread Ceremony in the month of June and July 2011. Please advise the best dates for this ceremony as per his DoB

17. A.Gopala Krishna Murthy says:

My Son Name is A.Sri Krishna Karthik, D.O.B.27.05.1987, Krithik – 1. We want to perform his Thread Ceremony in the month of May or June, 2011. My D.O.B 20.10.1963, Anuradha Nakshtram, Vrichika Rasi. Please advise the best dates for this ceremony as per his DOB. Mother’s DOB is 25.10.1966, Poorva Bhadra 1.

18. Ganesh says:

My son’s date of birth is 17th October 1997(star: Bharani). We want to perform his thread ceromony (upanayanam) in the month of April, May 2013. Please advise suitable dates to match his star.

19. Ganesh.V says:

Dear Sir,

My first name is G.Sabarish and his DOB is 12/9/1995(Star-Revathi) and my second son name is Ashwin DOB is 21-2-2000(Star-Uthiram). Please inform the best date for performing upanayanam in the month of march, April and June. Since I am in abroad I have to plan for my vacation and come to India. Please kindly advise me.

20. ramakrishna says:

Sir, please update us with Upanayana dates in April and May 2013

21. b.krishna murthy says:

sir,

my son’s d.o.b.19-01-1965. aslesha 4th padam.
    i want t0 do his upanayanam in april/may 2013.
    kindly suggest a auspicious day.
    with regards.
    krishna murthy.

22. jagannath rao says:

namaskar,
    my son born on 4 dec 2003.since i am aboard , planning for a vacation in may.pl let me know the favourable dates for upanayan in between may 21- may 31.

23. Durga Ramaswamy says:

want to know the good dates to perform upanayanam for our son from june 2013 to august 2013.

please send this information asap in order to plan the same.

thank you and keep up the good work.
    Durga

24. T.C.Ramasubramanian says:

I want to know if there are muhurthams for upanayanam in May and July 2013

25. T.C.Ramasubramanian says:

II would like to know muhurtham dates for my grandsons upanayanam in May and July 2013. Elder’s star is Makeeram and the younger one’s Moolam. Suggest suitable dates. Thanks

26. Bilwaraj S Nabar says:

I wish to carry out my sons Munj (thread Cermony) in the month of May 2013. His birt details are as below
    D.O.B: 02/ Dec/2002
    P.O.B: Pune (Pashan, SUS Road)
    T.O.B: 22:10 Hrs ; 10:10 PM

Kindly suggest a auspicious Muhurta

27. KOUMUDI says:

hello sir/madm i want to know the best suitable dated 4 griha pravesh puja in nasik maharashtra in may and june pl suggest thanks

28. Padmanabh says:

Hello,
    Please advise by reply email:
    My son DOB 08 November 2004
    Time of Birth: 12:08 PM (GMT)
    Location of Birth: Leeds, United Kingdom

Please advise the dates for Munj muhurat in 2012, especially between 15 July 2012 to 31 August 2012.

Thank you.

29. Badrinath says:

Dear Sir, My second son’s D.O.B is 12th May, 1999, 00.25 hrs . Please advise the auspicious upnayan muhurat for him in May – June 2013.

With heartfelt regards
    Badrinath

30. r.gamaruthiram says:

DATE OF BIRTH 27-08-1999
    TIME OF BIRTH 12.48
    PLEASE LET US KNOW WHETHER WE CAN PERFORM UPANAYANA IN THIS MAY MONTH 2013

31. r.gamaruthiram says:

respected sir.,my sons date of birth is 27-08-1999 we want to perform upanayanam.
    fathers date of birth is 23-10-1968
    mothers date of birth is 05-12-1972
    please sugget an auspicious muhurtham for my son
    thanking u
    rgamaruthiram

32. chhavi says:

Hello, we would like to perform upnayanam ceremony of my sons.Please suggest auspicious dates for them in 2013.
    Their details are –
    Name- Kshitij ratna
    DOB- 3/12/1999
    Place of birth-Ahmedabad, Gujrat

and
    Name– Shashank Ratna
    DOB – 26/02/2003
    Place of birth – Varanasi,UP

But now we live abroad .Kindly suggest suitable dates as we will have to plan a trip to India.With Warm Regards
    chhavi

33. krishna says:

Sir, my son’s date of birth is 25.09.1997 at (01:00PM) in Hyderabad, My date of Birth is 02.10.1969 at 03:30 at Sanga Reddy District Andhra Pradesh. Whether 25.01.2013 is good for Upanayanam or not

34. manisf says:

my younger son name is Aditya and second name is Davang

for them 10/02/2013 is good date for upnayana sanskar

35. Sheshachala H K says:

My son’s DOB is 4/5/1998, Father’s DOB is 9/9/1968 and Mother’s DOB is 30/11/1976. we would like to perform Thread cermony next year after April 2013. Please suggest some important dates (atleast 3) in order to satisfy all the three birth dates.

36. Natrajan K P says:

Poonal dates(one day for both boys) in May/June 2013 for my gandsons.Birth Stars Mrigasheersham,Thiruvonam.

37. Sunita says:

Hi,my son was born on 28th August 2003,can we do his scared theread ceremony in the month April 2013.let me know .so that I can plan.sunita

38. Rupa says:

Could you please give me some dates in May/June for my son’s upanayanam. His birth star is Mrigaseersham. Mother’s star is Uthram, and father’s star is Sadayam.

39. ravi n says:

Please kindly tell me date for my son upanayanam birh star uthradthi (Meena Rasi) . During 2013 may /june 2013

40. Krishna Ghoshal says:

Hello Sir, Please let me know the auspicious dates for upanayan for my son during July- August 2013. Thanks.

41. Guest says:

Hello,
    Please let me know the dates for threading ceremony in July- August 2013.
    Thanks

42. Thyagarajan says:

Dear Sir
    Please advise when you will publish Muhurtha dates for April, May 2013. Eagerly awating for your response !!
    Kind Regards…

43. Sushama L says:

Hello.
    Please post upanayanam muhurtams for June-July 2013 and please let us know if it is ok to do upanayanam in Dec 2012. Dad- Bharini
    mother-Krittika
    son-Mrugashira

44. sanjay prasad says:

hello,
    please post upanayana muhurtams for may-2013

father-kritika-vrishba rasi
    mother-shravana-makara rasi
    son-pushya-kataka rasi

45. mnm says:

Upanayanam dates in july or August 2013. Please let me know………..

46. Rao says:

13/02/2013 for Upanayanam – Is it suitable to everybody – Uttara-4 Kanyarasi. We wish to perform Upanayanam. This date is suitable to perform? Thanks for all the help.

47. Rao says:

Sorry, I forgot to give you father and mother details for 13/02/2013 muhurtham for Uttara-4 Kanyarasi boy.

Father: Chitta-2 Kanyarasi
    Mother: We do not know, her name is Savitri. I assume it is: Satabhisham-4 Khumba Rasi, this is as per Name (Please correct if necessary). The boy is coming from abroad for 15 days in February 2013. Is this 13/02/2013 Muhurtham is OK? Kindly help. Thanks.

48. RBSESHASAIRAMACHARYULU says:

WMy son born on 10.11.2001 Pubba Nakshatram (Rompicherla Bhattar Srinivasa Sairam Saravanan)
    Father’s star: Satabhisham (Rompicherla Bhattar Sesha sairamacharyulu) Mothers star: Rohini (Rompicherla Rangalaxmi)

49. premaraghavendra says:

my grandson chi phranaav .s, date of birth 14.3.2006.pooram nakshathra,please suggest suitable upanayana muhurtham dates in july 2013and august2013

50. Ananth says:

Sairam. My son Arun Srikanth – Shravana star (Thiruvonam) DOB 16 apr 2001, Want to perform Upanayanam in Mar 2013. pl let me know suitable dates.