Trust Boards for 19 Temples in Telangana… Major temples in Telangana will soon have new non-hereditary Trust Boards. The Telangana government has decided to constitute Boards for 19 temples — 16 major temples that have annual income above Rs 1 crore and three temples having annual income between Rs 25 lakh and below Rs 1 crore.
The government also invited applications from trustee aspirants and it is bound to attract many TRS activists and sympathisers. Each temple will have nine Trust Board members with one of them being chairman. This is the first time trusts boards are constituted in TS by the new TS government after formation of the state.
Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao has already promised to fill up nominated posts with party leaders and temple trust boards are one of them.
Secretary to government, revenue (endowments) Siva Shanker issued a notification in this regard listing out temples and also seeking applications under Section 15 (1) of AP Charitable and Hindu Religious Institutions and Endowments Act 1987 (Telangana Adaptation order 2014) Act No 30/87 as amended by Act Non 33/2007.
Besides personal details, the applicant has disclosed religion, financial means certified by an advocate/Gazetted Officer.
Following are the temples for which Trust Boards are being constituted.
List of Temples above Rs 1 crore
1. Sri Yellamma Pochamma Devasthanam, Balkampet, Hyderabad.
2. Sri Peddamma Talli Devasthanam, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad.
3. Sri Kanaka Durga Devi Devasthanam, Ameerpet, Hyderabad.
4. Sri Ujjaini Mahankali Ammavari Devasthanam, Secunderabad.
5. Sri Jagannatha Swamy Ram Gopal Trust, Secunderabad.
6. Sri Hanuman Temple, Karmanghat, Saroornagar (M), Ranga Reddy District.
7. Sri Ksheera Ramalingeswara Swamy Temple, Keesaragutta, Ranga
8. Sri Edupayala Vana Durga Bhavani Temple, Nagasanipally
(Village), Papannapet (Mandal), Medak Dist.
9. Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Devasthanam, Yadagirigutta, Nalgonda District.
10. Sri Veerabhadra Swamy Temple, Kuravi (V & M), Warangal District.
11. Sri Mallikarjuna Swamy Temple, Komaravalli (V), Warangal District.
12. Sri Sammakka Saralamma Jathara Warangal.
13. Sri Raja Rajeswara Swamy Devasthanam, Vemulawada, Karimnagar District.
14. Sri Laxmi Narasimha Swamy Devasthanam, Dharmapuri
(V&M), Karimnagar District.
15. Sri Seetha Ramachandra Swamy Devasthanam, Bhadrachalam, Khammam District.
16. Sri Gnana Saraswathi Ammavari Devasthanam, Basara (V), Mudhole (M),
Temples with annual income between Rs 25 lakh and Rs 1 crore
1. Sri Maha Pochamma Temple, Adelli (V), Sarangapur(M), Adilabad Dist.
2. Sri Venkateswara Perumalla Temple, Koneru Street, Secunderabad.
3. Sri Matsyagiri Laksmi Narasimha Swamy Temple, Venkatapuram (V)
Valigonda (M), Nalgonda Dist.
Courtesy – Deccan Chronicle.