Worshipping of snake deities is considered as a very holy task, and it would remove our sins, and sufferings from poisonous diseases and viruses, and safeguards us from snake bites. Snake worship is commonly found in all parts of India, and North Indians used to worship Mata Manasa Devi as their beloved snake goddess.
In Tamil Nadu, devotees would worship Nagathamman as their snake goddess. Both Mata Manasa and Nagathamman are the forms of Mata Parvati, and help us during difficult times, and remove our tensions and worries, and would cool down our mind.
Adisesha is worshipped as the divine bed of Lord Vishnu, and Vasuki is adorned by Lord Shiva, and is considered as the king of snakes. Naga Panchami and Naga Chaturthi festivals are most important festivals for worshipping snake gods, and devotees would pour milk in the snake burrow, and apply sandal paste and kumkum in the idol of the Nagadevas.
Among the temples of Snakes, Mannarsala temple in Kerala and Kukke Subramanya Swamy temple in Karnataka are the most famous temples for snake worship. Astika, Takshaka and Kartotaka are the popular snake deities, and they are living in the Patala Loka for several lakhs of years.
MAJOR BENEFITS IN SNAKE WORSHIP
1. Wellness in our life.
2. Get courage, good physical and mental health.
3. Our day to day sufferings in life would be reduced to certain extent.
4. Our life would become easier.
5. Enemy related problems would not be there in our life.
6. We would be able to withstand in our life.
7. Frequent fights and quarrels would not be there in our life.
8. Suicidal deaths will not be there.
9. We can attain the spiritual path.
Let us worship the great snake gods and be blessed.
“OM SRI SESHA BHAGAVANE NAMAHA”