The Ideal of goddess Shri Tripurari Sundari is made in Blackstone. The eighteen armed goddess is five feet high and is seated on a lion. With the main idol, there are idols of Nava Durga or nine forms of Durga also are present the 64 yoginis. In Chandi Mahatmya, the victories of devi over the Asuras (Demons) have been celebrated.
The Following of the names:
1. Durga, the inaccessible one
2. Dash Bhuja- The Ten Armed goddess who destroyed the army of demons.
3. Singh Vahini: Riding the Lion when she fought the demon Raktabeeja.
4. Mahisha Mardini: Destroyer of the demon Mahisha who assumed a buffalo’s form.
5. Jagad-Dhatri:. The World Mother
6. Kali:. The Black goddess who killed Rakta-Beeja
7. Muktakeshi:. With dishevelled hair.
8. Tara:. The Star when she killed Shumbha.
9. Chhinnamasta:. The Decapitated or headless form when she killed Nishumbha.
The Kilak Stotra however mentions the following Names.
Jayanti, Mangla, Kali, Bhadra Kali, Kapalini, Durga, Kshma, Shiva, Dhatri, Swaha and Swadha.
In Kavacha stotra the nine forms of Durga are
1. Shaila Putri 2. Brahma Charini 3. Chandra Ghanta, 4. Kushmanda 5. Shandamata 6. Katyayani 7. Kalaratri 8. Maha Gauri and 9. Siddhidatri.
The Yoginis are the spirits attending on Durga. They are sixty four in number but eight of them are very prominent. Marjani, Karpura Tilaka, Malaya Gandhini, Kaumudika, Bherunda, Matali, Nayaki and Jaya.
Shri Tripura Sundari is worshipped with the prescribed sixteen rituals (Shodashopachara ) mystic rituals to propitiate the goddess and recitations of Shri Durga Saptashati are held during the auspicious days of Navaratras. The Goddess showers mystic powers on her devotees and extends all over protection.