On 29 July 2022, Shravana Masam (Shravan Month) starts in Marathi, Gujarati, Kannada, and Telugu calendars. As Ashada Amavasya marks the end of Ashada Month in Amavasyant Panchangams, the next day (Shukla Pratipada) marks the beginning of Shravan Month.
As per the above calendars, Shravan month is dedicated to Goddess Lakshmi, Lord Sri Krishna, and Goddess Gowri. Mangala Gowri Puja, Varmahalakshmi Vratam (Varalakshmi Puja), Shravana Pournima or Rakshabandhan (Rakhi festival), and Sri Krishna Janmashtami (Gokulashtami) are the major festivals and vrathams in Shravan month. Shravan mahina 2022 ends on August 27.
Shravana Masa Vrata – Each day of Shravan Month dedicated to a God or Goddess:
1. Sundays in Shravan month are dedicated to Surya bhagawan and observed as Aditya Poojan.
2. Mondays are dedicated to Lord Shiva (Shravan Somvar vrata).
3. On Tuesdays ‘Mangala Gowri Puja’ is observed.
4. Budh Pujan or Budha graham puja is performed on Wednesdays in Shravan maas.
5. Brihaspati puja or Dattatreya pujan is observed on Thursdays in the month.
6. Lakshmi puja is the major ritual of Fridays in Shravan month.
7. Shani Puja or Ashwattha Maruti Puja (Hanuman Puja) is performed on Saturdays in Shravana Mahina.