The first and foremost option for a safe and happy Holi would be playing with natural, herbal and home made colours. Your skin and hair will be protected with natural colours.
Holi 2013 date is March 26/27. Here are 12 important safety tips for safe and happy Holi.
- Buy Holi colours from registered or reputed shop or vendor.
- Purchase better quality of colours.
- Play with dry colours.
- Dont play with colours on wet floor.
- Play Holi with reddish or pinkish colours which can be easily removed and look better.
- Purple, blue, green and orange colours can have more harmful chemicals than red and pink shades.
- Cream your face properly before and after playing Holi.
- Paint your finger nails and toe nails that protect you from damaging of nails.
- To protect your hair, oil it well before playing with colours or cover your hair with a cloth.
- Eyes are most effected parts in the whole body when you play Holi. To protect your eyes, wear sunglass.
- Excessive drinking of alcohol or bhung may harm you.
- Don’t drive when you are high on alcohol or bhung.