Kapila is a vedic rishi who was mentioned in Rig Veda and Yajur Veda. He is also considered to be an incarnation of Lord Vishnu. Kapila was the son of the great rishi Kardama and his wife Devahuti. His importance is also mentioned in Buddhism and Jainism texts.Kapilawasconsidered as one of the seven great sages along with Sanaka, Sananda, Sanatana, Asuri, Vodhu and Pancasikha.
According to Brahma Purana, when King Sagara’s 60,000 sons were looking for their Ashvamedha horse at the place of Kapila, and they disturbed Kapila while he was sleeping. He had woken up and burnt Sagara’s sons to ashes. He got such a great divine power.
1. Manvadi Shraddha
2. Drstantara Yoga
3. Kapila Nyayabhasa
4. Kapila Purana
5. Kapila Samhita
6. Kapila Sutra
7. Kapila Stotra
8. Kapila Smriti
10. Kapila Gita
11. Kapila Pancharatra
14. Ayurveda Dipika.
17. Sarvadarsana Sangraha
1. Control your mind through involving yourself in spiritual thoughts.
2. Always think about god, and chant his glory, and worship him with utmost faith and keep bhakti on him.
3. Never blame on god, for your problems, since everything is happening in your life, based on your karma only.
4. God has created human beings, only for protecting them, and making them to live happily. He will never unnecessarily give problems in your life.
5. Always think several times, before starting a work, and pray to god, then you can do it properly.
6. Respect your parents and your guru, and offer your prayers to them, then your life will prosper.
7. Earn money only by honest means, and don’t cheat others, and don’t give any troubles to others. Help others in case of need.
He has got great spiritual powers, and was always in meditative state, and contains great powers similar to that of Lord Vishnu. He took avatar in order to establish the path of dharma in this world, and also to share his writings to the entire world. He always insisted the people to follow the path of dharma, and to do goodness to others. He was a noble and pious saint, who always chants the glory of Lord Vishnu, and worships him.
Let us pray to him and be blessed.
“OM SREE RISHI KAPILARE NAMAHA”