Here is the list of Do’s & Don’ts at Srikalahasti Temple – Recommended things and avoidable things at Sri Kalahasti Temple, Chittoor district of Andhra Pradesh.
Srikalahasti is famous for Rahuketu Pujas, Sarpadosha puja, Nagadosha poojas..
Do’s & Don’ts
- Worship your ista or Kula Daivam before you start of Srikalahasti
- Concentrate on Lord Srikalahastheeswara Swami Varu and Ammavaru
- Observe absolute silence and chant Om Namah sivaya
- Respect ancient customs and usages while at Srikalahasti and promote religious sentiments amount co- pilgrims
- Deposit your offerings in the Hundi only
- Keep the temple clean and use Bio – degradable plastics.
- Don’t carry Jewellery or cash with you
- Don’t rush in for Darsana but take your chance in the queue
- Don’t enter the temple for any purpose other than worshipping the Lord
- Don’t enter temple, if according to custom or usage, you are prohibited to enter
- Don’t waste water and electricity
- Don’t allow strangers into the cottages and hand over keys to them
- Don’t use non degradable plastics
- Don’t wear foot wear in the temple premises.
- Smoking non – Vegetarian food, liquor of other intoxicants.
- Approach of touts for accommodation, darshan and prasadam.
- Spurious prasadam from street vendors
- Spit or commit nuisance in the premises of the temple
- Practice of other religion
- Political meetings, banners, dharnas, rastarokos, hertals
- Slaughter, killing, maiming any animal/bird for any reason
- Gaming with cards, dice, counts, money or other instruments of gaming.