Swami Ashokananda (20th century AD) was a native of Kashmir, and an ardent devotee of Sri Ramakrishna. He stayed in an Ashram at Kashmir, and gave valuable suggestions and teachings to his disciples.
Now his followers have changed the Ashram with modern facilities, and they have built some guest houses near the Ashram, for the stay of visitors,and a small temple is also built forSri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa, which is located near the beautiful hills covered with full of greenery. The Samadhi of Swami Ashokananda is located near the Ashram.
Ashokananda was a blessed one, who took spirituality as his main path, and adopted good characteristics in his life.According to his followers he is a divine saint and a born genius, who could recollect even his previous birth memories. He used to roam in the Himalayan forests and sometimes in naked form. He has done lot of miracles in the life of his devotees.
He predicted the future of the people, and used to suggest them to go in the spiritual path. He had many disciples, and they have explained about the miraculous incidents happened in their life. They have been safeguarded by their Guru from diseases, accidents and from wild animals.
Ashokananda used to regularly visit the Kathleshwar temple, Srinagar, and performed Pujas to the Shivalingam.
Swamiji died in the year 1971 at Srinagar, Kashmir.
1. If you respect your Guru, it is equivalent to that of respecting the god.
2. Your parents are the mortal Brahma for you. Hence, worship them, and treat them properly.
3. Follow strict discipline, and live a noble life, based on the teachings of saints and Guru.
4. Remove the ego from within you. Then only you would be able to live a comfortable life.
5. Treat all the persons in a good manner, irrespective of their status.
6. Remove the lust, anger and fear from you, by frequently doing meditation.
7. Never and ever show enmity with others.
8. Offer prayers to the god regularly, and thank him for giving this good life for you.
9. Develop the good habits of courage, wisdom and generosity.
Let us worship the great saint and be blessed.
“OM SWAMI ASHOKANANDARE NAMAHA”
“JAI MATA SARADA DEVI”