Trigunatitananda (1865–1915), was a sincere disciple of Sri Ramakrishna. He started a spiritual Bengali Magazine of Ramakrishna Mutt, and he went to America in the year 1902, and become the head of the San Francisco centre. His birth name was Sarada Prasanna Mitra.
Trigunatitananda was born in a rich family in the year 1865, at a village in Kolkata, and Mitra had finished his basic education in Kolkata. He was tutored under the famous saint, Sri Mahendranath Gupta, who was a famous saint and the disciple of Sri Ramakrishna. He and his guru met Sri Ramakrishna at the Dakshineswar Temple in the year 1884, and after meeting Sri Ramakrishna, his mind was involved with full of spiritual thoughts.
He served Sri Ramakrishna when was seriously ill, and after the death of Sri Ramakrishna, Mitra stayed along with Swami Vivekananda and with his other disciples. In the year 1887, Mitra had become a saint, and he was known as Trigunatitananda (one who has attained the glory of the god).
In the year 1895, Trigunatitananda went on holy pilgrimages: Mount Kailash and Manasarovar, and after a few months, he stayed in the Alambazar Mutt, Kolkata. He also served as a personal attendant to Mata Sarada Devi and affectionately served her like his own mother.
He taught Vedanta and other holy texts to the students, and spread the Bhakti amongst the people. He travelled throughout India and foreign countries, and established Ramakrishna Mission centres in order to preach the teachings of Sri Ramakrishna.
He died in the year 1915 due to prolonged illness.
1. Keep on praying to the great almighty, and consider him as your best companion, and keep thinking about him forever in your life.
2. God would send us a proper guru in times of need, and through the guidance of guru, we can attain goodness in our life.
3. Don’t differentiate people based on their caste, creed or community.
4. God dwells in the soul of his true devotees.
5. Never ever forget the kindness of the god, and chant his glories and sing songs on him.
6. Help others in case of their need, and always act kindly with others.
7. Work hard and don’t try to cheat others.
8. Control your unwanted thoughts, by doing meditation on the god.
9. Don’t worry about anything in your life. Everything is already decided by the god, and he would do only favours for you.
10. Take care of your parents, and always give your helping hand, and make them to always smile in their life, through your pleasant approach.
Let us worship the great saint and be blessed.
“OM SRI TRIGUNATITANANDARE NAMAHA”