3 November 2019 is Skanda Sashti Thirukalyanam. It marks the conclusion of 6-day Kanda Sashti festival in Murugan temples all around the world mainly in Tamil Nadu. Kanda Sashti begins on 28 October and ends with Thirukalyanam ritual on 3 November 2019.
The main ritual of Skanda Sashti is Soorasamharam (2 November 2019). It marks the demolition of demon Soorapadman by Skanda Murugan.
Aarupadai Veedu, the six most famous temples of Lord Murugan in Tamil Nadu are the best places to visit during Skanda Sashti festival.
Aarupadai Veedu temples are:
- Tiruvavinankudi Temple (Dandayudhapani Swami temple) in Palani near Dindigul
- Swamimalai Murugan Temple (Swaminath Swamy Temple) in Swamimalai near Kumbakonam
- Sri Subramanya Swamy Temple ( Senthil Andavar temple) in Tiruchendur near Tuticorin
- Tirupparankundram Temple (Subramanya Swami Temple) in Tirupparankundram near Madurai
- Tiruttanikai Murugan Temple (Tanikesan Temple) in Tiruttani near Chennai
- Pazhamudhircholai Temple ( Malaikkizhavon Temple) in Pazhamudhircholai near Madurai