Shri Rudram is a Vedic Sloka which is written in praise of Lord Shiva. It is derived from ancient texts, and it consists of two parts, known as Namakam and Chamakam. Shri Rudram is an important Shaivite text, which describes Lord Shiva as the supreme deity. It was chanted by famous Nayanmars saints and due to that they had attained the divine abode of Lord Shiva, the Kailasa.
Shri Rudram mentions the importance of the holy Shiva Mantra, Om Namah Shivaya, and it tells that by reciting this powerful Shiva mantra, all of our worries our fly away from our mind, and we would get more confidence and boldness.
Shri Rudram mentions the various names of Lord Rudra, a form of Shiva. In the Shri Rudram, the various aspects of Lord Shiva are mentioned, and by chanting this Mantra, Lord Rudra would forgive our sins, make us to concentrate in the bhakti path, and would give goodness in our lives.
Shri Rudram is an ancient mantra, and it was chanted by many sages and saints, and due to that, they attained salvation. Even now, lot of devotees, especially Brahmin scholars used to recite this holy Rudram either in the temples or in their homes.
The following are the main benefits of chanting Shri Rudram:
1. The negative thoughts in our mind would be removed.
2. We would be able to sail the life ocean easily.
3. Makes us to realize that Lord Shiva dwells in our soul.
4. There would not be any problems from black magic, enemies and diseases.
5. We can get sufficient wealth.
6. We would get stability of mind.
7. We would get a happy married life with precious children in our life.
8. Improvement in our career.
9. Free from fear, tensions and worries