Sawan Festival Recipes (Food items for Shravan Maas) lists out the recipes for Sawan festival food items..
Tasty saawan recipes which are not only healthy but tasty as well! These festival recipes are exclusive to prepare during Sawan mahina or Shravan month which falls in August generally. I am sure not only you but also your family members are going to love these mouth-watering festive dishes, so don’t think much and try them in your kitchen!
3 boiled potato, 1 tbsp ghee, 1tsp black pepper, 2 green chili, 1 tsp cumin seeds, and 1 tsp rock salt
- Heat the wok on medium flame and add ghee to it. Splutter cumin seeds in it.
- Now add chopped green chilies along with boiled diced potatoes, black pepper and rock salt. Stir-fry so that potatoes become crisp and golden brown in color.
- Transfer the dish to serving plate and serve hot.
300ltr milk, sugar to taste, 200gm talmakhana, some chopped dry fruits, 2-3 saffron strands
- Boil the milk on high flame in big vessel and then add saffron strands to it.
- Now add talmakhana to boiled milk. Keep stirring continuously.
- Add sugar and keep boiling the milk and stir constantly so that the sugar gets fully dissolved in boiled milk.
- Transfer the kheer to serving bowls and serve after garnishing it with chopped dry fruits.
2 cups water, 1 tsp cardamom powder, 1 tsp tea, ½ cup milk, 2 tsp sugar
- Boil water in pan with cardamom powder. When water starts boiling add sugar.
- Now add milk to it and again boil it for few minutes. Now add tea powder and again boil for few more minutes.
- Sieve and serve hot cups of elachi tea with jeera aloo.
2 cup milk, 100gm seviyaan, 100gm sugar
- Boil the milk in pan. When milk starts to boil add roasted seviyaan to it and mix well.
- Now add sugar and mix well again.
- Serve hot or cold as per your taste.