Satsvarupadasa Goswami was born on 1939 in New York in a Christian family, and he is one of the chief disciples of Swami Prabhupada, the founder of ISKCON, also known as Hare Krishna movement. His birth name was Stephen Guarino, and he served as a writer and also penned bhakti poems on Lord Krishna.
He read Bhagavat Gita at his teenage itself. He accidentally met his guru Prabhupada, when he was waiting for a friend at a city in USA, and after his first meet with his Guru he had decided to spend his remaining years with him, by engaging himself in spiritual activities.He also wrote the life history of Prabhupada. He has become a saint in the year 1966, and also become the personal attendant of Swami Prabhupada.
He travelled to lot of countries and spread the awareness of Krishna consciousness, through his wonderful writings. He has also drawn lot of paintings on Lord Krishna and also sculpted some idols of Lord Krishna.His regular work is to read some pages of Bhagavat Gita and Bhagavatham.
1. Believe that Lord Krishna guides you, protects you and heal your diseases.
2. Chant the divine mantra, ‘HARE RAMA, HARE RAMA, RAMA, RAMA, HARE, HARE, HARE KRISHNA, HARE KRISHNA, KRISHNA, KRISHNA, HARE, HARE’.
3. We are all the servants of Lord Krishna, and he is our kind master, who takes care of our needs and fulfils our wishes.
4. Engage yourselves in doing lot of charitable activities, and don’t stop that, till your death.
5. Only through our sincere attachment on Lord Krishna, we can realize him fully.
6. We would not satisfy even if the entire wealth in the earth is given to us, but we could easily satisfy by uttering the divine names of Lord Krishna.
7. Control your mind by worshipping Lord Krishna, or else you would land up in big troubles.
8. Lord Krishna alone would come with us throughout our life.
9. Before getting up from our bed and before going to our bed, we should thank Lord Krishna.