Rudrabhatta (12th century AD) was a popular Kannada poet, who served in the court of King Veera Ballala. Rudrabhatta was a Brahmin scholar, and he wrote the famous text Jagannatha, which describes the greatness of Lord Jagannath, a form of Lord Krishna. The epic describes the fight between Krishna and Banasura, the great grandson of Bhakta Prahlada. In this work, Rudrabhatta mentions that bothLordHariand Hara are one and the same, and Lord Krishna contains the features of the trimurtis.
He also written lot of songs in praise of Lord Krishna and sung in the temples. His verses are simple and easy to understand in nature. Some of the verses from his poems are as follows:
1. Let your ultimate goal must be to worship the great Lord Krishna and to make yourself addicted with him.
2. Thinking about worldly matters would be of no use, at the same time, thinking about Lord Krishna would add sweetness in our life.
3. Chant the names of Lord Krishna and get the spiritual bliss.
4. Read the holy texts like Bhagavatham and Bhagavat Gita, and learn a lot from that.
5. Don’t care about this material life. Let your soul be filled up with full of devotional thoughts on Lord Krishna.
6. People may take birth and die, but Lord Krishna lasts for ever, since he is the supreme almighty.
7. Behave with others in a proper manner, and provide food to the hungry people.
8. Visit the holy temples like Vrindavan, Puri and Pandaripur, in order to see the beauty of Lord Krishna.
9. Always eat simple food and before eating thank to the great Lord Krishna.
Let us worship the holy poet-saint and be blessed.
“OM SRI RUDRABHATTARE NAMAHA”