Lakshmisa was a famous Kannada writer who lived during the 17th century AD. He has written a famous text known as ‘Jaimini Bharata’, which contains the incidents based on the great epic Mahabharata. The writing focuses on the Kurukshetra battle, and the Bhagavat Gita teachings of Lord Krishna.
He was born in Kadur taluk, Chikkamagaluru district, Karnataka in a pious Brahmin family. His family deity was “Sri Lakshmiramana” (a form of Lord Vishnu) to whom he dedicated his writing. It is believed that he also worshipped Lord Shiva along with Lord Vishnu.
The Jaimini Bharata is one of the most sacred text in Kannada literature was written based on the writings of the great sage Jaimini. Lakshmisa is considered as a great writer, and he used to describe the characters in his stories in an interesting manner. In 1852, the Jaimini Bharata was translated in English and published in Karnataka.
1. Concentrate your attention on your interested field, and divert your entire attention on that particular field, till your last breathe.
2. Constant practice only would make us to shine in our career path.
3. Spirituality is a must to travel easily in our life journey.
4. Strict discipline and obedience would help us to lead a sin free life.
5. Consider your Guru as your god and respect him properly.
6. Don’t turn back your past life. Always think about your present and future life.
7. Consider the god as your best friend, philosopher, father and mother and express your feelings to him.
8. Always be selfless to others, and don’t be selfish in your life.
9. Your time is very precious, don’t waste it, and always be active in your life.
Let us worship the great poet and be blessed.
“OM SRI LAKSHMISA NAMAHA”
“OM SRI SANKARANARAYANAYA NAMAHA”