Ranganathananda (1908–2005), was a saint and served as the president of the Ramakrishna Mission. His birth name was Shankaran Kutty.
Ranganathananda was born in the year 1908 in a village near Trichur, in Kerala to a pious Hindu family. He was impressed by the teachings of Swami Vivekananda and joined in the Ramakrishna Mission at Mysore centre. He has become a saint in the year 1933, and he served in the Rangoon and Karachi branches of Ramakrishna Mission.
He performed discourses on the Bhagavad Gita and Bhagavatham, and his discourses were attracted even by big politicians, and praised him for his great knowledge in the Hindu texts. He also gave lectures on Islam and he was widely praised by the Islamic brothers.
He served in various branches of Ramakrishna mission situated throughout India, and spread the “BHAKTI SPIRIT” among the people.
Ranganathananda has received many awards for his great contribution in Hinduism. He also visited foreign countries, and gave divine lectures and explained the goodness of Hinduism and the teachings of Vivekananda and Ramakrishna. He served as a teacher in the Vedic schools and wrote lot of spiritual books, and his books were published, and won the appreciation of thousands of people.
Raganathananda spent his last years in the Ramakrishna Mission at Belur in West Bengal. He died at Kolkata, in the year 2005.
1. Live your life as per the sayings of the great saints.
2. When you live in this world, try to establish your name, and make the people to remember you even after your death.
3. If you are an unhealthy person, pray frequently to the god, and one day you would be healed from your health problems.
4. Bow your head before the divine master, and thank him every day for giving you a good life.
5. Life would not always be smooth. Things will be keep on changing, and try to live in this world, by your noble deeds, and with your sincere faith on god.
6. Read the spiritual books and fill up with full of spiritual energy and spiritual thoughts in your mind.
7. Nothing can be achieved by simply sitting in your home, and keep on praying to the god, work hard and simultaneously pray to the god for your goodness.
Let us worship the great saint and be blessed.
“OM SRI RANGANATHANANDARE NAMAHA”