Kasula Purushottama Kavi (18th century AD) was born in Krishna District, Andhra Pradesh in a pious Telugu family.
He served as a court poet under small kings, and he composed beautiful songs on Lord Vishnu which was highly praised by the kings and the scholars.
His popular works are:
1. Hamsaladevi Gopala Satakam.
2. Manasa Bodha Satakam.
3. Bhakta Kalpadruma Satakam.
In the town of Srikakulam in Krishna District, there is an ancient temple dedicated to Lord Vishnu. The great Poet Sri Purushottama used to visit the temple and worship the great Lord Vishnu.
The famous quotes of the great poet are as follows
1. Our life is like a water bubble. We may lose our life at any time. During our life time, we have to focus our attention on spiritual matters, and must keep doing good things in our life.
2. Anything can be achieved only through constant prayers on the almighty and through our hard work.
3. All of our sufferings would turn into happiness, but we have to spend our life patiently and must keep constant faith on god.
4. Spending our time in the company of foolish people would be of no use.
5. Read the holy texts in order to gain more spiritual energy.
6. Avoid unnecessary quarrels and always talk less and do more work.
7. Don’t waste your life by showing interest in worldly attractions, since enjoying too much of physical pleasures would lead us into troubles. Instead of that, enjoy the divine beauty of the deities, and do meditation.
8. Show your love and affection to the worst sufferers in this world like physically and mentally handicapped and poor people.
9. Always keep chanting the glories of the almighty.
Let us praise the great poet and be blessed.
“OM SRI PURUSHOTTAMA KAVI NAMAHA”
“OM SRI LAKSHMI NARAYANAYA NAMAHA”