Here is the Purnima 2012 dates or Purnima calendar 2012. Purnima or Pournami or Poornima, is the Full Moon day in Hindu calendar. Purnima day is known for its spiritual importance and significance. Click here to read on Purnima 2013 dates.
In 2012, there are 13 Purnima, 2 full moon days in August. There is Adhik maas of Bhadrapad month in 2012. Hence it has two Pournimas – Adhik Bhadrapad Purnima and Nija Bhadrapad Pournami.
Many special pujas are performed in various temples on Poornima day and many important festivals are celebrated on Poornima. The list of Full Moon day dates or Purnima dates in 2012 are given below:
- Purnima in January 2012 – 9 January 2012, Poush Purnima
- Poornima in February 2012 – 7 February 2012, Magh Purnima.. Read more about timings, importance of Magh Purnima..
- Purnima in March 2012 – 8 March 2012, Falgun Purnima. Time of Purnima in March 2012
- Purnima in April 2012 – 6 April 2012, Chaitra Purnima. Time of Purnima in April 2012
- Purnima in May 2012 – 6 May 2012, Vaishakh Purnima
- Full Moon in June 2012 – 4 June 2012, Jyeshta Purnima. Time of Purnima in June 2012
- Pournami in July 2012 – 3 July 2012, Ashada Purnima, Guru Purnima, Vyasa Purnima
- Pournami in August 2012 – 1 August 2012, Shravan Purnima, Rakhi Purnima, Raksha bandhan Festival
- Pournami in August 2012 – 31 August 2012, Adhik Bhadrapad Purnima (Full Moon in Adhik Bhadrapad month)
- Purnima in September 2012 – 30 September 2012, Nija Bhadrapad Purnima (Pournami in Nija Bhadrapada month)
- Purnima in October 2012 – 29 October 2012, Ashwin Purnima, Sharad Purnima, Kojagari Purnima… Time of Purnima in October 2012
- Purnima in November 2012 – 28 November 2012, Kartik Purnima, Tripuri Purnima
- Purnima in December 2012 – 28 December 2012, Margashirsh Purnima, Datta Purnima or Datta Jayanti… Time of Purnima in December 2012
Many major festivals are celebrated on Purnima or Full Moon day in Hinduism. Chaitra Purnima is celebrated as Hanuman Jayanti, Jyeshta Purnima is celebrated as Vat Poornima, Ashad Purnima is known as Guru Purnima or Vyasa Purnima, and Shravan Purnima is popular as Rakhi Pournami or Narali Purnima or Jandhyala Pournami.
Ashwin Purnima is much popular as Kojagari Purnima in North India, Kojagiri Lakshmi Puja in West Bengal and Kumar Purnima or Gajalakshmi Puja in Orissa. Kartik Purnima is known as Tripuri Purnima or Tripurari Pournami. Margashirsh Purnima is celebrated as Sri Datta Jayanti or Dattatreya Jayanthi.
Magh Purnima is considered as very auspicious during which Ganga Snan are observed at Prayag Sangam in Allahabad. Falgun Purnima or Phalguna Poornima day is much popular as Holi Festival or Madan Purnima or Lakshmi Purnima or Sri Mahalakshmi Jayanthi.