Maharishi Parashara Jayanti is the first appearance day of Parashara Maharshi, who was a Maharishi and the author of many ancients Hindu texts. In 2019, Maharishi Parashara Jayanti date is May 5.
According to ancients texts, Maharishi Parashara was born or first appeared on Shukla Paksha Pratipada in Vaishakh Month of North Indian Hindi calendars and all other Chandramana calendars. Parashara is accredited as the author of the first Purana, the Vishnu Purana, before his son Vyasa wrote it in its present form. He was the grandson of Vasishtha, the son of Śakti Maharshi, and the father of Vyasa.
There are several texts which give reference to Parashara as an author | speaker. He is the third member of the Rishi Paramparā of the Advaita Guru Paramparā.
Texts attributed to Parashara
- Seer of verses in the Ṛgveda: recorded as the seer of RV 1.65-73 and part of RV 9.97.
- Parashara Smṛiti (also called Parashara Dharma Saṃhitā): a code of laws which is stated in the text (1.24) to be for Kali Yuga.
- Speaker of Viṣṇu Purana considered by scholars as one of the earliest Purāṇas.
- Speaker of the Bṛhat Parāśara Horāśāstra, also written as BPHS. It is considered a foundational text of astrology. The Sanskrit in which it is composed dates to the 7th or 8th centuries CE
- Speaker of the Vṛkṣāyurveda (“the science of life of trees”), one of the earliest texts on botany. This text was considered to be an ancient botany primer for students of Traditional Indian Medicine.
- Krishi parasaram, a book that dealt with agriculture and weeds.
Panchang, 5 May 2019
परिधावी नाम संवत्सर, वैशाख मॉस, शुक्ल पक्ष, प्रतिपदा, भरनी नक्षत्र, सौभाग्य योग, बव करण |
Suryodayam (Sunrise) 05:55 Suryastamaya (Sunset) 18:52
Chandrodayam (Moonrise)06:12 Chandrastama (Moonset)19:23
Paksha (Fortnight) Shukla Paksha
Tithi (Lunar Day) Pratipada – 27:58*
Nakshatra Bharani – 16:25
Yoga Saubhagya – 26:49*
Karana Bava – 27:58*
Purnimanta Month Vaisaakha
Amavasyanta Month Vaisaakha
Shaka Samvatsara: Vikari
Vikram Samvat Varsha: Paridhavi
Rahu Kalam: 17:15 – 18:52
Gulika Kalam: 15:38 – 17:15
Yama Gandam: 12:23 – 14:00
North Indian Hindi Calendar – Vaishakh Mahina 2076
Malayalam Calendar – Medam Month 1195 (Meda Masam)
Kannada Calendar – Vaishakha Maasa
Tamil Calendar – Chithirai Month (Chithirai Masam)
Bengali Calendar – Boishakh Mash 1426
Nepali Calendar – Baisakh Maas 2076
Telugu Calendar – Vaishakha Masam (Vaishakham)
Marathi Calendar – Vaishakh Maas
Gujarati Calendar – Vaishakh Maas
Ravi Rashi (Sun Sign) Mesha
Chandra Rashi (Moon Sign) Mesha – 22:30:36
Amrita Kalam 11:29 – 13:08
Abhijit: 11:57 – 12:49
Time to Avoid
Varjyam Kalam 28:31* – 30:08*
Durmuhurthams: 17:08 – 18:00
In 2018, Maharishi Parashara Jayanti date was April 17.