Maharishi Parashara Jayanti is the first appearance day of Parashara Maharshi, who was a Maharishi and the author of many ancients Hindu texts. In 2020, Maharishi Parashara Jayanti date is April 24.
According to ancients texts, Maharishi Parashara was born or first appeared on Shukla Paksha Pratipada in Vaishakh Month of North Indian Hindi calendars and all other Chandramana calendars. Parashara is accredited as the author of the first Purana, the Vishnu Purana, before his son Vyasa wrote it in its present form. He was the grandson of Vasishtha, the son of Śakti Maharshi, and the father of Vyasa.
There are several texts which give reference to Parashara as an author | speaker. He is the third member of the Rishi Paramparā of the Advaita Guru Paramparā.
Texts attributed to Parashara
- Seer of verses in the Ṛgveda: recorded as the seer of RV 1.65-73 and part of RV 9.97.
- Parashara Smṛiti (also called Parashara Dharma Saṃhitā): a code of laws which is stated in the text (1.24) to be for Kali Yuga.
- Speaker of Viṣṇu Purana considered by scholars as one of the earliest Purāṇas.
- Speaker of the Bṛhat Parāśara Horāśāstra, also written as BPHS. It is considered a foundational text of astrology. The Sanskrit in which it is composed dates to the 7th or 8th centuries CE
- Speaker of the Vṛkṣāyurveda (“the science of life of trees”), one of the earliest texts on botany. This text was considered to be an ancient botany primer for students of Traditional Indian Medicine.
- Krishi parasaram, a book that dealt with agriculture and weeds.
Panchang, 24 April 2020
प्रमादीचा नाम संवत्सर, वैशाख मॉस, शुक्ल पक्ष, प्रतिपदा तिथि, भरणी नक्षत्र, आयुष्मान योग, बालव करण |
Suryodayam (Sunrise) 06:02 Suryastamaya (Sunset) 18:47
Chandrodayam (Moonrise)06:48 Chandrastama (Moonset)20:00
Paksha (Fortnight) Shukla Paksha
Tithi (Lunar Day) Pratipada – 10:00
Nakshatra Bharani – 18:39
Yoga Ayushman – 23:33
Karana Balava – 22:58
Purnimanta Month Vaisaakha
Amavasyanta Month Vaisaakha
Shaka Samvatsara: Sharvari
Vikram Samvat Varsha: Pramadicha
Rahu Kalam: 10:49 – 12:25
Gulika Kalam: 07:38 – 09:13
Yama Gandam: 15:36 – 17:12
North Indian Hindi Calendar – Vaishakh Mahina 2077 (Vaishakh Maas)
Malayalam Calendar – Medam Month 1195 (Meda Masam)
Kannada Calendar – Vaisakha Maasa
Tamil Calendar – Chithirai Month (Chithirai Masam)
Bengali Calendar – Baisakh Mash 1427
Nepali Calendar – Vaishakh Maas 2077
Telugu Calendar – Vaishakha Masam (Vaishakham)
Marathi Calendar – Vaishakh Maas
Gujarati Calendar – Vaishakh Maas
Ravi Rashi (Sun Sign) Mesha
Chandra Rashi (Moon Sign) Mesha – 25:15:44*
Amrita Kalam 13:20 – 15:06
Abhijit: 11:59 – 12:50
Time to Avoid
Durmuhurthams: 12:50 – 13:41
In 2019, Maharishi Parashara Jayanti date is May 5.
In 2018, Maharishi Parashara Jayanti date was April 17.