Here is the list of famous Durga Puja pandals in Mumbai. In 2013, Durga Puja begins on October 9 and ends on October 14 with Vijayadasami.
Every year, it would be a cultural and devotional extravaganza for five days during Navratri Durga Puja as each Durga Puja has unique significance in celebrations.
Though Bengal Club in Shivaji Park and Ramakrishna Mission of Khar are most popular among tens of top pandals, here are some other notable Durga Puja Pandals in Mumbai for Durga Puja 2013…
Powai Durga Puja 2013
In 2011, Powai Durga Puja Pandal (PBWA Durga Puja in Mumbai) has created the innovative theme – replica of Sripuram Golden temple, Tamil Nadu. Organized by Powai Bengali Welfare Association, this year’s Powai Sarvajanin Durgotsav is entering into 8th Durga Puja festival. Read more about this puja….
Shivaji Park Durga Puja by Bengal Club
2013 Durga Puja is it’s 78th year of celebrations. Shivaji Park Durga Puja, organized by Bengal Club, is the most popular and attractive Durga Puja Utsav in Mumbai. Read more about this Puja…..
And here is the list of other Durga Puja Pandals in Mumbai…
- Kalbadevi Sarbajanin Durga Puja Committee
- Bombay Durgabari SamitiLocation; Tejpal Hall, August Kranti Marg, Cumballa Hill, Off Peddar RoadConvener: Shampa Banerjee
- Shakti Samanta’s Puja, Near National College, Off Linking Road, Bandra
- Ramakrishna Temple Puja, 12th Road, Khar (W)
- North Bombay Sarvajamnin Durga Puja / Mukherjee Badi Puja, Balkanji Wadi, Off SV Road, Santacruz (W)
- New Airport Colony Committee Location: New Airport Colony Community Hall, Western Express highway, Hanuman Road, Vile Parle(East), Mumbai
- Abhijit’s Puja, new Lokhandwala Complex, Lokhandwala, Andheri (W)
- DN Nagar Ground, Opposite DN Nagar Police Station, Next to “The Club”, Andheri Link Road, Andheri
- Kallol Kali Temple Puja, Bangur Nagar, Off Link Road, Goregaon (W), Mumbai
- Mahakali Sarbojanin Durgotsav / Punam Nagar Puja / Mahakali Caves Road, Andheri (East), Mumbai
- Thakur Village Banga Parishad, 8th year Durga Puja in 2011. Location: Thakur Village, Western Express Highway, Kandivli – Speciality: Free Bhog at Thakur Hall
- Thakur Complex / (In fact all the three Kandivali Pandals are in a radius of 15 mins)
- Kandivali East Bengali Association – KEBA , BMC Ground, Behind St. Lawrence School, Thakur Complex, Kandivali (East), Mumbai
- Vashi Durga Puja
- Kanjur Marg Puja, Naval Colony, Near Huma Adlabs, Kanjur Marg
- Tara Singh Compound Puja, on LBS Road, Bhandup
- Kalidas Natya Mandir Complex, P.K. Road, Mulund (W), Mumbai (Before Wockhardt Hospital / Right Turn / 4th or 5th Left Turn)
- EdenWoods Puja, Near Edenwoods, Thane (W)
- Durga Puja at Happy Valley, Thane (W)