Boro Maa (1918–2019) was a West Bengali spiritual saint. Her original name was Binapani Devi Thakur. She is believed to be an incarnation of Mata Parvati, and she is also called as universal mother by her devotees, and she was the head of the Organization Matua Mahasangha.
Boro Maa was born in 1918 in a village, in Bengal. In 1933, she had married to a pious young man, who was the great-grandson of Harichand Thakur, the founder of Matua Mahasangha. She was a great devotee of Lord Shiva, and used to regularly perform puja to the Shiva Lingam at the Shiva temple.
After the death of her husband,she became the head of the Sangha, and spread the teachings of the great saint Sri Harichand Thakur throughout India.In the year 2018 she was awarded the Banga Bibhushan award by the government of West Bengal.In the year 2019, Boro Maa died at Kolkata, and after her death, her daughter-in-law was appointed as the head of the Matua MaghaSangha.
1. Live your life with full of courage and wisdom, and don’t get fear for anything in this world.
2. Worship Lord Shiva and beg him to forgive your sins, and be a sincere devotee of Lord Shiva.
3. Human sufferings cannot be avoided in this world. You should develop the withstanding skills in order to live in this tough world.
4. Don’t commit sins by doing bad things in your life. Think several times before doing a work, and do it properly.
5. A single step only would make you to travel thousands of miles ahead in your life.
6. Your life boat may sink at any time. Hence always have faith on Lord Shiva, and chant his glorious names, and never forget him even for a second.
7. Your bad karmas would be burnt into ashes through the third eye of Lord Shiva provided if you have sincere faith and bhakti on him.
8. Don’t pay much attention on worldly matters, and pleasantly spend some time with your near and dear ones in your family.
9. Don’t hate others, and develop the habit of forgiving others.
Let us worship the holy saint and be blessed.
“OM MATA BORO MA NAMAHA”