‘Makara Sankranti’ is an auspicious day on which Surya Bhagawan enters into Makara Rashi (Capricorn) from Dhanu Rashi (Sagittarius). On this day Uttarayana Punyakalam begins.
In 2017, Makara Sankramanam is on 14 January 2017, Saturday, Pushya Shukla Vidiya (Durmukhi Nama Samvatsaram), in Ashlesha Nakshatra, Preeti Yoga and Garaji Karanam. The exact time of Sri Surya Bhagawan’s transit in Uttarashada Nakshatra 2nd Pada (Makara Rashi) is – 7.39 AM.
Name of Sankranti Purusha – Rakshasa
Vahana (Vehicle) of Sankranti Purusha – Gaja Vahanam (Elephant)
Sri Durmukhi Nama Samvatsara Makara Sankranti Purusha is ‘Kashyapasa Gothrodbhava’ (belongs to Kashyapasa Gothra) and Rakshasa Namadheya (Named as Rakshasa).
Results of Sankranthi or Makara Sankranti phala (Makara Sankranthi Predictions 2017)…..
The Lord arrives with the name of Rakshasa, by bathing Shuddha Jala snana (Abundant rains, fear of thieves, fear of diseases, price rise), by applying ‘Paarani lepana’ (prosperous), dressing with Neelambara Vasthra (Blue clothes), ‘Japaa Pushpa’ flowers’, adorning with Gomedhika Abharana (Hessonite ornaments – Fear in society), holding ‘Copper pitcher’ (happiness, pleasure & luxuries), holding the golden Chhatram (Cure of diseases), drinking milk (Loss of fame) and eating regu pallu (Plums – Jujube fruits – auspicious for all animals) from a glass bowl (war atmosphere), ‘Kodanda Dharana’ – holding a bow as weapon (inauspicious), riding Gaja Vahana (elephant) (Loss for wild animals), smiling, and leads towards in Agneya disha – South East side (Auspicious for South East side of the country or the world).
According to Makara Sankranti Purusha Aagamanam and Makara Sankranti Punya Vela, the following are the predictions for this year..
- The Ministry of Defence, Home Affairs and the organisations govern the security of our country controls the anti-social elements who stoke fear in the minds of people. (Crackdown on Terror outfits? / Surgical Strikes on terror camps?).
- The authorities will control the women who pollute the minds and create problems in the society.
- The popularity of princely people or the heirs of erstwhile kingdoms will reduce.
- The Medicine or the treatment will be discovered for some crucial diseases.
- Heavy rains will lash South India.
- Conflicts between neighbouring states and the neighbouring countries will rise. (War-like situation between India – Pakistan?)
- On the whole, this year the anti-society people like thieves, terrorists and tax-evaders will be punished (Demonetisation / Remonetisation / Crackdown on Black money?)
On 14 January 2017, Makara Sankranthi, Pitru tharpana vidhi and Pitruhitha Mahadi Vamshavriddhi Homams are performed. Charity of gold, silver, rice, food items, vegetables, pumpkins, fruits, etc.. is a good deed.
Sankranti Phala Shruti
Sankranti Purushotpattikaale Daanam Swashakti Tah
Phalam Kansyani Daanani Deeyanthe Dosha Naashanam ||
Phalanimoolanyajinam Suvarnam Gramanshukaadyam Satilekshu Gaavah
Dhyanam Kharaam Shormakara Pravesha Yaatani – Daanani Visheshitaani ||
Tejase Roopa Samarthyah Sarvabhaumah Prajayate
Yashmrunothi Madhu Shuklapakshake Varshanaatha Sachivadhikam Phalam
Prapnuyaadduritamukta Vigrahaschayurartha Mathulam Yashassukham ||