‘Makara Sankranti’ is an auspicious day on which Surya Bhagawan enters into Makara Rashi (Capricorn) from Dhanu Rashi (Sagittarius). On this day Uttarayana Punyakalam begins.
In 2020, Makara Sankramanam is on 15 January 2020, Wednesday, Krishna Paksha Panchami in Paush Month (Pushya Masam). Makara Sankramana takes place at Purva Phalguni Nakshatra, Shobhana Yoga and Taitila Karana. The exact time of Sri Surya Bhagawan’s transit in Uttarashada Nakshatra 2nd Pada (Makara Rashi) is – 2.08 AM, 15 January.
Name of Sankranti Purusha – ‘Mahodara’
Vahana (Vehicle) of Sankranti Purusha – Gardhaba Vahanam (Donkey)
Sri Vikari Nama Samvatsara Makara Sankranti Purusha is ‘Bharadwajasa Gothrodbhava’ (belongs to Bharadwajasa Gothra) and Mohodara Namadheya (Named as Mahodara).
Results of Sankranthi or Makara Sankranti phala (Makara Sankranthi Predictions 2020)…..
The Lord arrives with the name of Mahodara, by bathing with Bilva Patra, by applying Gorochana Gandha Lepanam, dressing with Colorful Vasthra, taking Malle flowers in hand, adorning with Vajra Abharana (Diamond ornaments), eating Apoopamu in iron bowl, holding Dantha Ayudham as weapon, taking Neela Chhatram in hand, riding Gardhaba Vahana (Donkey), Vairagya Mukha (Quiet faced), and leading towards the west side.
According to Makara Sankranti Purusha Aagamanam and Makara Sankranti Punya Vela, the following are the predictions for this year..
- The Ministry of Defence, Home Affairs and the organisations govern the security of our country controls the anti-social elements who stoke fear in the minds of people. Government organisations should take stringent action against such anti-social and anti-humanity moves. (Crackdown on Terror outfits? / Surgical Strikes on terror camps?).
- The authorities will control the women who pollute the minds and create problems in the society.
- Healthy atmosphere will prevail in society. There would be excessive yield in agriculture.
- The Medicine or the treatment will be discovered for some crucial diseases.
- Wild animals will come into residential areas and create ruckus among people.
- The prices of Coconuts will increase drastically.
- The number of people who die of hunger and starvation will decrease.
- The culprits will get fullest punishment.
- Fire accidents and fear of diseases will prevail.
- On the whole, this year the anti-society people like thieves, terrorists and tax-evaders will be punished (Punishment for the rioters of agitations against CAA (Citizenship Amendment Act) / Crackdown on Black money?)
- The intelligence departments, defense ministry and police will prevent the unlawful activities which can defame the government.
On 15 January 2020, Makara Sankranthi, Pitru tharpana vidhi and Pitruhitha Mahadi Vamshavriddhi Homams are performed. Charity of gold, silver, rice, food items, vegetables, pumpkins, fruits, etc.. is a good deed.
Sankranti Phala Shruti
Sankranti Purushotpattikaale Daanam Swashakti Tah
Phalam Kansyani Daanani Deeyanthe Dosha Naashanam ||
Phalanimoolanyajinam Suvarnam Gramanshukaadyam Satilekshu Gaavah
Dhyanam Kharaam Shormakara Pravesha Yaatani – Daanani Visheshitaani ||
Tejase Roopa Samarthyah Sarvabhaumah Prajayate
Yashmrunothi Madhu Shuklapakshake Varshanaatha Sachivadhikam Phalam
Prapnuyaadduritamukta Vigrahaschayurartha Mathulam Yashassukham ||