‘Makara Sankranti’ is an auspicious day on which Surya Bhagawan enters into Makara Rashi (Capricorn) from Dhanu Rashi (Sagittarius). On this day Uttarayana Punyakalam begins.
In 2018, Makara Sankramanam is on 14 January 2018, Sunday, Krishna Paksha Chaturdashi in Paush Month (Pushya Masam). Makara Sankramana takes place at Moola Nakshatra, Dhruva Yoga and Vanija Karana. The exact time of Sri Surya Bhagawan’s transit in Uttarashada Nakshatra 2nd Pada (Makara Rashi) is – 1.46 PM.
Name of Sankranti Purusha – Ghora
Vahana (Vehicle) of Sankranti Purusha – Mahisha Vahanam (Bison)
Sri Hevilambi Nama Samvatsara Makara Sankranti Purusha is ‘Kashyapasa Gothrodbhava’ (belongs to Kashyapasa Gothra) and Ghora Namadheya (Named as Ghora).
Results of Sankranthi or Makara Sankranti phala (Makara Sankranthi Predictions 2018)…..
The Lord arrives with the name of Ghora, by bathing in Agar, by applying Soughandha Lepanam, dressing with Kambala Vasthra, taking black lotus flowers in hand, adorning with Pagada Abharana (coral ornaments), holding the Mayura Chhatram, drinking milk and curd and eating ‘Thaati Pallu’ (dates) from a copper bowl, holding a small arrow-type thing as weapon, riding Mahisha Vahana (bison), by spreading tongue out, and leading towards Vayuvya disha – North west side.
According to Makara Sankranti Purusha Aagamanam and Makara Sankranti Punya Vela, the following are the predictions for this year..
- The Ministry of Defence, Home Affairs and the organisations govern the security of our country controls the anti-social elements who stoke fear in the minds of people. (Crackdown on Terror outfits? / Surgical Strikes on terror camps?).
- The authorities will control the women who pollute the minds and create problems in the society.
- The popularity of princely people or the heirs of erstwhile kingdoms will reduce.
- The Medicine or the treatment will be discovered for some crucial diseases.
- Bad time for religious heads.
- Conflicts between neighbouring states and the neighbouring countries will rise.
- The number of people who die of hunger and starvation will decrease.
- The culprits will get fullest punishment.
- Poisonous diseases will be reduced. And the number of people with poisonous minds will also be diminished.
- On the whole, this year the anti-society people like thieves, terrorists and tax-evaders will be punished (Demonetisation / Remonetisation / Crackdown on Black money?)
On 14 January 2018, Makara Sankranthi, Pitru tharpana vidhi and Pitruhitha Mahadi Vamshavriddhi Homams are performed. Charity of gold, silver, rice, food items, vegetables, pumpkins, fruits, etc.. is a good deed.
Sankranti Phala Shruti
Sankranti Purushotpattikaale Daanam Swashakti Tah
Phalam Kansyani Daanani Deeyanthe Dosha Naashanam ||
Phalanimoolanyajinam Suvarnam Gramanshukaadyam Satilekshu Gaavah
Dhyanam Kharaam Shormakara Pravesha Yaatani – Daanani Visheshitaani ||
Tejase Roopa Samarthyah Sarvabhaumah Prajayate
Yashmrunothi Madhu Shuklapakshake Varshanaatha Sachivadhikam Phalam
Prapnuyaadduritamukta Vigrahaschayurartha Mathulam Yashassukham ||