‘Makara Sankranti’ is an auspicious day on which Surya Bhagawan enters into Makara Rashi (Capricorn) from Dhanu Rashi (Sagittarius). On this day Uttarayana Punyakalam begins.
In 2022, Makara Sankramanam is on 14 January 2022, Friday, Shukla Paksha Dwadashi in Paush Month (Pushya Masam). Makara Sankramana takes place at Rohini Nakshatra, Brahma Yoga and Balava Karana.
The exact time of Sri Surya Bhagawan’s transit in Uttarashada Nakshatra 2nd Pada (Makara Rashi) is – 2.29 PM, 14 January 2022.
Name of Sankranti Purusha – ‘Mishra’
Vahana (Vehicle) of Sankranti Purusha – Vyaghra Vahanam (Tiger)
Sri Plava Nama Samvatsara Makara Sankranti Purusha is ‘Bharadwajasa Gothrodbhava’ (belongs to Bharadwajasa Gothra) and Mishra Namadheya (Named as Mishra).
Results of Sankranthi or Makara Sankranti phala (Makara Sankranthi Predictions 2022)…..
The Lord arrives with the name of Mishra, by bathing with Shankodaka (Water from Conch), by applying Chandana Lepanam, dressing with Red Vasthra, taking Jaaji flowers in hand, adorning with Muthyam Abharana (Pearl ornaments), eating Payasam in silver bowl and banana, holding Khindivala Ayudham as weapon, taking Red Chhatram in hand, riding Vyaghra Vahana (Tiger), Krodha Mukha (Angry faced), and leading towards the south side.
According to Makara Sankranti Purusha Aagamanam and Makara Sankranti Punya Vela, the following are the predictions for this year..
- Mishra Namadheya – Have to protect cattle
- Shankodaka Snanam – Happiness
- Red Vasthra – Need to Protect Health and be careful about unhealthy practices.
- Chandana Lepanam – Even the good people will predict bad future.
- Jaaji Flower – Popularity grows.
- Pearl ornaments – Auspicious results
- Khindivala Ayudham – Fear of diseases
- Red Umbrella – War situation with neighboring countries
- Eating Banana and eating Payasa from Silver bowl – Natural disasters causing destruction of cattle and fruit orchids
- Krodha Mukham – Spread of infectious diseases
- Puruhutha Muhurtham – Auspicious results
- Rohini Nakshatram – Waves against the ruling dispensation
- Vyaghra Vahanam towards South direction – Loss of animal population in South India & political instability in South Indian states.
On 14 January 2022, Makara Sankranthi, Pitru tharpana vidhi and Pitruhitha Mahadi Vamshavriddhi Homams are performed. Charity of gold, silver, rice, food items, vegetables, pumpkins, fruits, etc.. is a good deed.
Sankranti Phala Shruti
Sankranti Purushotpattikaale Daanam Swashakti Tah
Phalam Kansyani Daanani Deeyanthe Dosha Naashanam ||
Phalanimoolanyajinam Suvarnam Gramanshukaadyam Satilekshu Gaavah
Dhyanam Kharaam Shormakara Pravesha Yaatani – Daanani Visheshitaani ||
Tejase Roopa Samarthyah Sarvabhaumah Prajayate
Yashmrunothi Madhu Shuklapakshake Varshanaatha Sachivadhikam Phalam
Prapnuyaadduritamukta Vigrahaschayurartha Mathulam Yashassukham ||