Bhadrapada masa (Bhadrapada month) is 6th month in Kannada calendar followed in Karnataka. In 2012, there are two Bhadrapada Maasa – Adhika Bhadrapada Maasa and Nija Bhadrapada Maasa. Nija Bhadrapada maasa 2012 starts on September 17 and ends on October 15 as per Kannada panchanga. Adhika Bhadrapada maasa started onAugust 18 and ends on September 16.
Bhadrapada masa is considered inauspicious for Gruhapravesha, marriages, engagements, and all other auspicious functions. It is considered as Shunya Maasa.
In Bhadrapada month as per Kannada panchanga Swarna Gauri Habba, Ganesha Habba (Ganesh Chaturthi), Rushi Panchami, Ananta Chaturdashi Anantha Vratha, Pitru paksha or Mahalaya paksha, and Shraddha Amavasya are the important festivals. Ganapati Navaratri utsava is the major festival celebrated in Karnataka cities such as Bangalore, Mysore, Mangalore, etc.
Shukla Paksha in Adhika Bhadrapada maasa 2012 in Kannada calendar starts on August 18 and ends on 31 August 2012 .
Krishna Paksha in Adhika Bhadrapada month 2012 in Kannada panchanga starts on September 1st and ends on September 16th.
Shukla Paksha in Nija Bhadrapada Masa begins on September 17 and ends on September 30, 2012.
Bahula Paksham in Nija Bhadrapada Masa starts on October 1st and ends on October 15, 2012.
Here is the list of festivals dates and auspicious days in Kannada Bhadrapada Masa 2012:
- Gauri Thadiya – 18th September 2012: Swarna Gauri Vratha (Swarna Gowri Habba)
- Ganesh Chaturthi – 19th September 2012 – Vinayaka Chavithi (Ganesha Habba)
- Rushi Panchami – 20th September 2012
- Radhastami – 23 September 2012 – Durvashtami or Jyeshtashtami
- Parsva Parivartana Ekadashi – 26th September 2012 – Vamana Jayanthi
- Ananta Chaturdasi – 29th September 2012 – Ananta Vratam – Ganesh Nimajjanam
- Bhadrapada Pournima – 30 September 2012 – UmaMaheshwara Vratha
- Pitru Pakshalu starts – 1 October 2012 – Mahalaya Paksha or Shraddha paksha
Next month in Kannada calendar is – Ashwayuja masa (Ashwina maas or Asvin Mahina or Aswayuj maas).