Utpaladeva (900–950 AD) was one of the great saints in Kashmir, and he was an ardent devotee of Lord Shiva.
Utpaladeva composed several songs on Lord Shiva, and also wrote spiritual books. Utpala’s main disciple was Sri Lakshmana Gupta.
Utpaladeva was born in Srinagar, Kashmir in a pious Brahmin family and he was married and had a son. Utpaladeva was very intelligent from his childhood itself and was good in studies. He was a great Hindu philosopher, and preached the Shaivism throughout Kashmir. He wrote the famous text Ishwar Pratyabhijnya Karikas.
It is believed that his son, Vibhramakara was also a great scholar, similar to him.
TEACHINGS OF UTPALADEVA
1. Believe in Lord Shiva, and have sincere devotion with him, in order to achieve goodness in your life.
2. Read the famous text Shiva Puran, in order to know the greatness of Lord Shiva.
3. Chant the Shiva Mantra “OM NAMAH SHIVAYA” continuously in order to get purity in your mind and body.
4. Forget your worries, and put your burdens on Lord Shiva,so that he would make you to live happily in your life.
5. Lead a simple and noble life, and follow the path of righteousness.
6. Leave all of your bad habits and control your mind and body.
7. Do meditation regularly in order to attain the eternal bliss.
Let us worship the great saint and be blessed.
“OM SRI UTPALADEVARE NAMAHA”
“OM SHIVASAKTI NAMAHA”