There are twelve Jyotirlingas. These are scattered in different parts of India near the ocean, on the river banks and hill tops and plateaus of this nation. The list of Jyotirlingas goes like….
Somnath JyotirLing in Saurashtra (Guj), Mallikarjun jyoptirling in Srisailam (A.P.), Mahakaleshwar jyotirling in Ujjain (M.P.), Omkareshwar jyotirling in Shivpuri / mAmaleswara (M.P.), Vaidyanath jyotirling in Parali (Mah), Nageswar jyotirling in Darukavanam, Kedareswar jyotirling in Kedarnath / Himalayas (Utt), Tryambakeswar jyotirling in Nasik (Mah), Rameshwar jyotirling in Setubandanam / Rameshwaram (T.N.), Bhimashankar jyotirling in Dakini (Mah), Visweswar jyotirling in Varanasi (U.P.) and Ghrishneswar jyotirling in Devasrovar (Mah).
- At the confluence of the river Mahi and the ocean, the Upalinga of Somesvara installed and it is called as Antakesa.
- Rightly stationed at Bhrgukaksa is the Upalinga of Mallikarjuna that is perfectly glorified as Rudresvara.
- The Upalinga of Mahakala that is remembered as destructive of all sins and popular in the region of Narmada is Dugdhesa.
- The Upalinga of Omkara that is said to have yields the fruits of all desires and located in the Bindu Lake is known as Kardamesa.
- On the banks of the Yamuna, the Upalinga of Kedaresvara is known as Bhutesa . it is to be noted that it is destructive of sins of the visiting pilgrims and devotees.
- The Upalinga of Bhimasankara is known as Bhimesvara. It causes the increase of great strength and it is popular in the Sahya Mountain.
- The Upalinga of Nagesvara is glorified as Bhuteswara. It quells all kinds of sins by the very sight and on the banks of Mallikasaraswati, it is perfectly installed.
- The Upalinga attached to Ghusmesa is largely known as Vyaghresvara. The Upalinga that is rightly attached to Ramesvara is known as Guptesvara
- It is to be highly noted that Upalingas and the Jyotirlingas largely dispel all types of sins by their sight and largely yield the fruit of all wishes and desires.