Today, 27 July 2018 is Chandra Grahan (Lunar Eclipse). It is Total Lunar Eclipse (Sampurna Chandra Grahan) which will be visible in Much of Europe, Much of Asia, Australia, Africa, South in North America, South America, Pacific, Atlantic, Indian Ocean, Antarctica.
Since this Sampurna Chandra Grahanam will be visible in India all the rituals associated with Chandra Grahan can be followed.
This Chandra Grahan is – ‘Ketu Grastha Sampurna Chandra Grahanam’. It will take place in Uttarashada Nakshatra & Shravana Nakshatra and Makara Rashi. It occurs during Mesha Lagna, Vrishabha Lagna and Mithuna Lagna.
It falls in Aani Masam of Tamil calendar, Karkidakam Masam of Malayalam calendar, Shraban Mash of Bengali calendar and Shraban Month in Nepali Calendar. And in North Indian Hindi calendars, Gujarati, Telugu, Kannada and Marathi calendars this Chandra Grahan falls on Ashada Purnima (Guru Purnima).
- Chandra Grahan Sutak Timings, 27 July 2018
- Read more here on how chandragrahan takes place..
- Read more about the effects of Lunar Eclipse here..
- Lunar Eclipse July 2018 Astrology Predictions
- Scientific evidences behind the rituals followed during Chandra Grahan by pregnant women
- Lunar Eclipse Pregnant care – what are the precautions to be taken by pregnant women during Chandra Grahan
- Eating during Chandra Grahan
- Avoidable things during Chandra Grahan
- What to do during Chandra Grahan
- Mantras to chant during Chandra Grahanam for Pregnant women
Timings of Lunar Eclipse, 27 July 2018 (Indian Standard Time – IST)
Penumbral Lunar Eclipse begins at – 10.44 PM, 27 July 2018 – Visible – Grahan Sparsha Kaal (Prachchaya Chandra Grahan starts)
Partial Lunar Eclipse begins at – 11.54 PM, 27 July 2018 – Visible – Pakshika Chandra Grahan starts
Total Lunar Eclipse begins at – 1.00 AM, 28 July 2018 – Visible – Sampurna Chandra Grahan starts
Mid Eclipse at – 1.51 AM, 28 July 2018 – Visible – Grahan Madhya Kaal (Madhya Chandra Grahan)
Total Lunar Eclipse ends at – 2.43 AM, 28 July 2018 – Visible – Sampurna Chandra Grahan starts
Partial Lunar Eclipse ends at – 3.49 AM, 28 July 2018– Visible – Pakshika Chandra Grahan Moksha Kaala
Penumbral Lunar Eclipse ends at – 4.59 AM, 28 July 2018 – Visible – Grahan Antya Kaal (Prachchaya Chandra Grahan ends)