Today, 21 June 2020 is Surya Grahan (Solar Eclipse). It is Partial Solar Eclipse (Pakshika Surya Grahan) which will be visible as annular solar eclipse from parts of Africa including the Central African Republic, Congo, and Ethiopia; south of Pakistan and northern India; and China..
Since this Surya Grahanam will be visible in India all the rituals associated with Surya Grahan can be followed.
This Surya Grahan is – ‘Rahu Grastha Kankanakara Chudamani Surya Grahanam’. This Surya Grahan will take place in Mrigashira and Ardraa Nakshatram and Mithuna Rashi (Gemini Zodiac Sign / Moon Sign). It occurs in Simha Lagna, Kanya Lagna and Tula Lagna.
It falls in Aani Masam of Tamil calendar, Mithuna Masam of Malayalam calendar, Ashar Mash of Bengali calendar and Ashar Month in Nepali Calendar. And in North Indian Hindi calendars it falls on Ashad Amavasya and in Gujarati, Telugu, Kannada and Marathi calendars this Surya Grahan falls on Jyeshta Amavasya.
- Surya Grahan Sutak Timings, 21 June 2020
- Read more here on how Suryagrahan takes place..
- Read more about the effects of Solar Eclipse here..
- Solar Eclipse June 2020 Astrology Predictions
- Scientific evidences behind the rituals followed during Surya Grahan by pregnant women
- Solar Eclipse Pregnant care – what are the precautions to be taken by pregnant women during Surya Grahan
- Eating during Surya Grahan
- Avoidable things during Surya Grahan
- What to do during Surya Grahan
- Mantras to chant during Surya Grahanam for Pregnant women
Timings of Solar Eclipse, 21 June 2020 (Indian Standard Time – IST)
Solar eclipse begins at – 10.17 AM – Visible
Greatest Eclipse (Maximum Eclipse) at – 12.10 PM – Visible
Total Solar eclipse ends at – 2.02 PM