Today, 31 January 2018 is Chandra Grahan (Lunar Eclipse). It is Total Lunar Eclipse (Sampurna Chandra Grahan) which is visible in India, USA, UAE, Singapore, Malaysia, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Saudi Arabia, Australia, New Zealand and almost all the countries except Africa and Europe.
January 31 is Purnima (Magh Purnima). This Chandra Grahan will take place in Magh Month as per Marathi, Kannada, Gujarati, Telugu calendars and North Indian Hindi calendars.
It falls in Thai Masam of Tamil calendar, Makara Masam of Malayalam calendar, Magh Mash of Bengali calendar and Magh Month in Nepali Calendar.
This Chandra Grahan is – ‘Rahu Grastha Sampurna Chandra Grahanam’. It will take place in Pushya Nakshatra & Ashlesha Nakshatra and Karkataka Rashi. It occurs during Karka Lagna and Simha Lagna.
This Purna Chandra Grahan will be visible in USA, Mexico, Singapore, Bangladesh, India, Japan, China, Indonesia, Myanmar, Australia, South Korea, Philippines, Russia and many more countries. Since this Sampurna Chandra Grahanam will be visible in India all the rituals associated with Chandra Grahan can be followed.
- Chandra Grahan Sutak Timings, 31 January 2018
- Read more here on how chandragrahan takes place..
- Read more about the effects of Lunar Eclipse here..
- Lunar Eclipse January 2018 Astrology Predictions
- Scientific evidences behind the rituals followed during Chandra Grahan by pregnant women
- Lunar Eclipse Pregnant care – what are the precautions to be taken by pregnant women during Chandra Grahan
- Eating during Chandra Grahan
- Avoidable things during Chandra Grahan
- What to do during Chandra Grahan
- Mantras to chant during Chandra Grahanam for Pregnant women
Timings of Lunar Eclipse, 31 January 2018 (Indian Standard Time – IST)
Penumbral Lunar Eclipse begins at – 4.21 PM, 31 January 2018 – Not Visible – Grahan Sparsha Kaal (Prachchaya Chandra Grahan starts)
Partial Lunar Eclipse begins at – 5.18 PM, 31 January 2018 – Not Visible – Pakshika Chandra Grahan starts
Total Lunar Eclipse begins at – 6.22 PM – Visible – Sampurna Chandra Grahan starts
Mid Eclipse at – 7.00 PM – Visible – Grahan Madhya Kaal (Madhya Chandra Grahan)
Total Lunar Eclipse ends at – 7.38 PM – Visible – Sampurna Chandra Grahan starts
Partial Lunar Eclipse ends at – 8.41 PM – Visible – Pakshika Chandra Grahan Moksha Kaala
Penumbral Lunar Eclipse ends at – 9.38 PM, 31 January 2018 – Visible – Grahan Antya Kaal (Prachchaya Chandra Grahan ends)