Shastriji Maharaj (1865–1951) was born in a family of farmers in Gujarat in the year 1865. His birth name was Dungar Patel and he was known as Shastri Yagnapurushdas, and he was a saint of the Swaminarayan Sampradaya and founded the BAPS Mandir in the year 1907 in Gujarat. During 1950s, he appointed Pramukh Swami Maharaj as the administrative head of Swaminarayan Mandir.
During his young age, Dungar used to interact with saints at the Swaminarayan temple in Mahelav, Gujarat and studied the Bhagavad Gita and other Hindu Divine subjects under them. Dungar maintained good relationships with Vignananand Swami and impressed him through his good acts. Dungar has become a Swaminarayan saint in the year 1882 in Vadtal by Acharya Viharilalji Maharaj. Shastriji Maharaj died in the year 1951 in Sarangpur.
1. Lord Swaminarayan is the divine avatar of Lord Krishna. Worship him and satisfy your needs and wishes.
2. We are the saints who have born to uplift the people, and to bring goodness in their lives.
3. Without hard work nothing is possible in this world.
4. Chant the glorious names of Lord Krishna, and always keep your thoughts on him.
5. Blessings are always there who worship the almighty with sincerity and faithfully.
6. Focus your attention on spirituality in order to forget about your worries.
7. Feel yourself healthy and stable, and don’t overestimate yourself among others.
8. Develop the attitude of kindness and goodness and always be generous with others.
9. Don’t get afraid about your future. Do your duty and you would be protected by the almighty.