Sage Ruru was mentioned in Mahabharata. He was the son of Pramati and Ghritachi, one of the beautiful and good natured Apsaras in the Indra Loka. Ruru’s consort was Pramadvara, and his son was Sunaka.
Sage Ruru was mentioned in the Rig Veda, and he has also contributed some portions of texts in the Rig Veda. He contains good knowledge in penning bhakti poems and in writing sacred books of Hinduism similar to Rishi Veda Vyasa. He had lot of disciples, and he lived in an Ashram in the banks of the Holy River Ganges at Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh.
Ruru had also written some portions of texts in the Puranas, and he contains great spiritual powers. He was a great devotee of Lord Krishna and once he had got his darshan and received blessings from him.
He had given lot of spiritual teachings to his disciples. Some of them are as follows:-
1. Do your duty, work hard, and don’t think about the result.
2. Human life is covered with full of miseries and sorrows. In order to get happiness in your life, concentrate your attention on the god.
3. Accept whatever is given by the god, and don’t get boredom in your life.
4. Don’t get caught yourself in the chain of desires, since it will give lot of pain and difficulties to you.
5. Don’t keep on thinking about you and your future, instead of that, divert your attention on others, and do lot of good things to those who are in need of your help.
6. Do meditation regularly, in order to remove the bad thoughts from your mind.
7. Change is always permanent. By the will of the god, even a pauper can become a rich man in a single second.
8. Don’t get fear for anything in your life, be like a bold and roaring lion, and do lot of physical exercises, in order to get a strong body.
9. Always remember, that you have born in this earth as an empty handed person, and while leaving from this earth, you are not going to take anything with you.
10. Kill the bad habits, like lust, anger and greed.