Large amount of energy is stored in Rudraksha beads; each bead has the capacity to benefit the wearer in numerous ways. The term Rudraksha is taken from Sanskrit; it is broken into two words i.e. Rudra- another name of Lord Shiva. And Aksha means tear. So in together it means ‘the tear of Shiva”.
Hindus believe the plant of Rudraksha is grown after Lord Siva’s tears fell onto the ground. Fruit from this plant has seeds; these seeds on drying turned themselves into Rudraksha beads.
Existence of Rudraksha beads has been mentioned in books like Purans i.e. India’s oldest literature. Rudraksha plant is mainly found in the countries of South Asia. It has been reported; around 70% of trees are found in the countries of Java in Indonesia, Nepal has 25 % and India has 5%. Quality of Rudraksha beads is based on the number of mukh i.e. faces they have.
In ancient times beads were available with faces ranging from 1 to 108. Now number of mukh or the faces found is in between 2 to 21. Rudraksha Beads with more than 21 faces are now extinct; chances are there to find more than 21 faces in the valley of Mansarover Valley.
One mukhi Rudraksha or one face beads are exquisitely rare and is difficult to find them. Easily available Rudraksha beads are the 14 mukhi and the 21 mukhi. According to Hinduism Rudraksha helps in strengthening ones inner self esteem and initiate the wearer into the path of spiritualism. Seeds of the Rudraksha are believed to have cosmic force. It also helps to overcome astrological mal effects by keeping the person strong and safe.
Here is the list types in Rudraksha as per the number of faces:
- Ek Mukhi Rudraksha – One faced Rudraksha…. Read more about Mukhi Rudraksha here
- Dwimukhi Rudraksha – Two faced Rudraksha… Read more about 2 Mukhi Rudraksha here
- Trimukhi Rudraksha – Three faced Rudraksha… Read more about 3 Mukhi Rudraksha here
- Chaturmukhi Rudraksha – Four faced faced Rudraksha… Read more about 4 Mukhi Rudraksha here
- Panchamukhi Rudraksha – Five faced Rudraksha… Read more about 5 Mukhi Rudraksha here
- Chey Mukhi or Sashti Mukhi rudraksha – Six faced Rudraksha… Read more about 6 Mukhi Rudraksha here
- Saptamukhi rudraksha – Seven faced Rudraksha… Read more about 7 Mukhi Rudraksha here
- Ashtamukhi rudraksha – Eight faced Rudraksha… Read more about 8 Mukhi Rudraksha here
- Navmukhi rudraksha – Nine faced Rudraksha… Read more about 9 Mukhi Rudraksha here
- Dashamukhi rudraksha – Ten faced Rudraksha… Read more about 10 Mukhi Rudraksha here
- Ekadasa mukhi rudraksha – Eleven faced Rudraksha… Read more about 11 Mukhi Rudraksha here
- Dwadasa mukhi rudraksha – Twelve faced Rudraksha… Read more about 12 Mukhi Rudraksha here
- Terah mukhi or Trayodasa mukhi rudraksha – Thirteen faced Rudraksha… Read more about 13 Mukhi Rudraksha here
- Chaudah mukhi or Chaturdasa mukhi rudraksha – Fourteen faced Rudraksha… Read more about 14 Mukhi Rudraksha here
- Fifteen faced Rudraksha…. Read more about 15 Mukhi Rudraksha here
- Sixteen faced Rudraksha…. Read more about 16 Mukhi Rudraksha here
- Seventeen faced Rudraksha…. Read more about 17 Mukhi Rudraksha here
- Eighteen faced Rudraksha… Read more on 18 Mukhi Rudraksha here..
- Nineteen faced Rudraksha.. Read more about 19 Mukhi Rudraksha here..
- Twenty faced Rudraksha … Read more on 20 Mukhi Rudraksha here….
- Twenty one faced Rudraksha.. Read on for 21 Mukhi Rudraksha here..
- Trijuti Rudraksha … Read more about Trijuti Rudraksha here..