Radhanath Swami was born in the year 1950, and he is a saint, Krishna devotee and a devotional writer. His birth name was Richard Slavin. Being born as a Christian, he was inspired by the teachings of Sri Prabhupada, and due to that, he had dedicated himself in doing service to Lord Krishna. He had written and published spiritual books, and occupied a key role in the formation of various ISKCON Centres in India and in abroad.
He has been adopting the bhakti path for more than 40 years.Through his guidance and assistance, ISKCON‘s free midday meal for school children was started, and he was the main person in starting the ‘Bhakti Vedanta Hospital’ in Mumbai.
He works for attaining spiritual bliss and travels throughout the world. In the ISKCON MOVEMENT, he occupies the chief post, and propagates the “SRI KRISHNA BHAKTI” throughout the world, through his simplistic lectures and divine chants on Lord Krishna.
Radhanath Swami participates in the administration and the functioning of the Radha Krishna Temples throughout the world, and he lives a simple life. He had done lot of social service works like providing free food, donating clothes, paying the education fees for the poor children etc. He follows as per the Bhagavat Gita teachings of Lord Krishna, and also invoking it to others.
- Lord Krishna is the real teacher, and he had given wonderful teachings to us in the form of Bhagavat Gita.
- Lord Krishna contains the brightness of millions and millions of suns.
- Krishna exists in the hearts of his sincere devotees.
- Krishna means compassion and love.
- Krishna would give you a nice blanket during the times of winter, and would give cool breeze during the times of summer.
- Krishna is the Lord of earth and heaven.
- Sincerely pray to Lord Krishna in order to get relieved from the clutches of Kali Purusha.
- Remove the bad elements: lust, anger and greed from you, in order to attain enlightenment.
- Always do the noble deeds and increase your good karma.
- Become a master of meditation in order to see the presence of almighty in your soul.
- If you consider yourself as a best person, then be like that.
- Our main enemy is our uncontrolled mind only.
Let us worship the great saint and be blessed.
“OM SRI RADHANATH SWAMIJI NAMAHA”