Mor Kuzhambu for Onasadya, recipe of Mor Kuzhambu for Onasadya..
An Onam without Mor Kuzhambu is not a full-fledged festivity. This dish is part and parcel of Onasadya. It is one of the popular South Indian dish. It is usually made with buttermilk curry seasoned with mustard seeds, turmeric powder, coriander seeds and cumin seeds.
This dish can be prepared within 15-20 minutes. It is relishing when served with plain hot steamed rice. It is extremely luscious, healthy and nutritious diet.
It is not at all spicy so it is very light dish.
Mor Kuzhambu Recipe
• 5 cups Buttermilk
• 1 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
• 4-5 Green Chilies, slit
• 2 tsp Coriander Seeds
• 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
• Salt to taste
• 2-3 tbsp Coconut, shredded
• 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
• Oil, for seasoning
• 1 sprig of Curry Leaves
Method of Preparation..
• Add half a tea spoon of turmeric to the buttermilk and mix well.
• If the buttermilk is too thick then add water.
• Direct heat on a very low flame and then add salt.
• Keep it aside after taking it from the fire. Roast in a few drops of cooking oil, one by one, the remaining turmeric, the coconut, green chillies and jeera, coriander.
• Blend to make a smooth paste.
• To the warm buttermilk add this coconut paste; place it back on the stove and direct heat for nearly 4-5 minutes.
• With curry leaves and mustard seeds, Season it
On direct fire, this particular dish can’t be re-heated.
Onam 2013 date is September 16.