As per Hinduism, Kali Yuga is considered as the fourth yuga, and the first yuga was Satya Yuga, second was Treta Yuga, and Third was Dwapara Yuga.
Kali Yuga is connected with the demon Kali, also known as Kali Purusha. As per legend, Kali Yuga was started approximately before 5,100 years. After the end of Dwapara Yuga, when Lord Krishna departed from this earth, Kali Yuga was started.
The total number of years of Kali Yuga is 4,32,000 years, and out of that, we have crossed only 5,100 years, and there is a remaining of 4,26,900 years, to reach the end of Kali Yuga. Till such time, we have to take several births, and have to suffer from severe hardships in our life. By frequently worshipping the god and by chanting of god’s names, our sufferings would be reduced to a certain extent, and we would be able to run our life without much difficulty.
During the Kali Yuga,most of the Hindus would not live their life as per the principles of Sanatana Dharma, and religious conversion activities would take place to a large extent, which at present we are facing it.Lot of Hindus would get themselves converted into other religions, and would speak badly about the principles of Hinduism. They would even question about the existence of the great divine avatars like Rama and Krishna, and they would spread fake messages amongst the people, and they would also talk badly about Hindu gods and goddesses.
Some people would opt for religious conversion for getting more money, and for living a luxurious and a comfortable life. They would never think about the next birth aspect, and would blindly think, that whatever sins they commit it would be pardoned by their god.
The great Rishi Markandeya had mentioned in the Mahabharata about some of the attributes of Kali Yuga.
1. Rulers will think only about themselves, and will cruelly treat their people, by charging huge taxes on them.
2. Rulers will not be having interest in spirituality, or to protect the divine Vedas and Puranas, and they will even try to find fault with our Holy Puranas and Vedas.
3. People will be very much interested in going abroad, and most of them, will consume non vegetarian food.
4. At the end of Kaliyuga, no one will live their life as per the sayings of the great saints and holy avatars. They will live their life as per their wishes, and try to commit lot of sins, in order to enjoy lot of pleasures in their life.
5. Life partners will not show love and affection with each other. Most of them will live their life just for name sake, and lot of fights and legal separation will occur between the couples.
6. People will not live their life as per the path of Dharma. Most of them will try to enjoy physical pleasures, and they will not be interested in enjoying spiritual pleasures in their life.
7. Children will not give proper respect to their parents, and they will ignore their parents at their old age.
8. People would suffer from unknown diseases and severe mental pressures, and lot of suicidal deaths will occur.
9. People would try to commit crime even for petty things.
10. Most of the men would give more importance for lust, and they would try to harm the women for fulfilling their desires.
11. Even the good people would get tempted in doing bad things, and would commit lot of mistakes.
12. People would regularly consume liquor and will become addicted to drugs.
13. Students will not give respect to their teachers, and they will try to hurt them.
14. People would give much importance to satisfy their sensual pleasures, and they would never think about the impact of their activities.
15. People will consider themselves as a one man army, and will try to grab things from others, using their physical strength.
16. Instead of getting legally married, most of the men and women would be living together just for satisfying their sensual pleasures.
17. Earthquakes and heavy storms will frequently occur in all parts of the world.
18. Most of the people would die at their middle age.
19. People would be telling lies and make false promises with their business partner as well as with their life partner.
20. Smoking and drinking would be considered as a fashion, and most of the people would be having bad habits.
21. Most of the men, who provide help to women, would do it only for satisfying their body pleasures.
22. Blood related attachments will not exist among the family members, and frequent clashes would occur between brothers and sisters with regard to sharing of their family wealth.
23. At the end of Kali Yuga, Lord Vishnu will take birth as “KALKI BHAGAVAN”on earth in order to destroy the sinners, and to protect the noble ones.
It is suggested to worship Lord Krishna and the righteous and noble Bhakta Prahladq, who was also a holy demon king, in order to get rid from the evil effects of the Demon Kali Purusha.