Hanuman Bhakti is known by the people belonging to all the religions, and he is incomparable with any one with regard to his bhakti. Being an avatar of Lord Shiva, he doesn’t unnecessarily utilize his powers, but used his powers only in times of necessity. At any time, he didn’t get pride over his powers, and still remains as a humble devotee of Lord Rama. He is considered as the main hero of the great epic Ramayana, next to Lord Rama.
He would be present during the Ramayana Discourses by taking different forms, and would eagerly listen to the devotional lectures, and tears would fell down from his eyes, whenever the name “RAMA” was heard by him. He is such a good devotee, and he treats himself as the servant of Lord Rama.
Generally, Vanaras would not sit in one place and they would keep climbing in the trees and would do mischievous acts. They could not control their senses, and spend their time in drinking wine and having affair with their consorts. But Lord Hanuman was never married, and even though it is believed that he married with Lord Surya’s daughter Suvarchala Devi, he is not living with her, and as per Puranas, he would join with her, only after he becomes the next Brahma in the next Krita Yuga. Mata Suvarchala Devi is living in the Surya Loka, by doing meditation on Lord Shiva.
During the time of search for Mata Sita in the Lanka, even though he watched the wives of Ravana while they are sleeping, he controlled his senses, and he remained as a pure person. He has controlled the great enemy “LUST” from him. This all happened due to his true bhakti on Lord Rama, and his sincere dedication on him. We can also attain the top level in our life, if we have sincere bhakti on the god, and if we surrender ourselves into his feet. God can wonders in our life, based on our pure bhakti. Even he can grant SALVATION to us, based on our sincere devotion on him.
Some of the Hanuman’s songs in praise of his beloved god Rama are as follows:-
1. Hey Rama, Sri Ramachandra Prabhu, several Yugas may pass, but I would always remain as your humble servant by praising your glories, singing your sings, and performing meditation on you.
2. Hey KarunyaMoorthy, Raghurama, Kosalarama, Sitarama, I feel very much delighted by chanting your various names, you are the universal master, and your name and fame increases day by day, and I always bow before you, and surrender at your holy lotus feet.
3. Hey Srirama, I worship Ma Kausalya, since you have been in her womb for a few months, and she has got the great opportunity in giving birth to a precious child.
4. Hey Rama, I worship Ma Sita, since she dutifully served you as your life partner for some years, and both of you cannot be separated by anyone, since you dwells in the heart of Ma Sita, and Ma Sita dwells in your heart.
5. Hey Rama, I worship your brothers, Lakshmana, Bharata and Satrugna, since they served you very well like your humble servants throughout their lifetime.
6. Hey Gurunatha, you only taught me the art of patience, obedience, love and affection, you have moulded me very well, and, hence, I have been able to peacefully lead my life by meditating on you.
7. Hey Rahukula Rama, even the stone has been transformed into a woman, through your divine touch, several demons have been destroyed by you, and you have maintained strict dharma throughout the world through your noble characteristics.
8. Hey Kodanda Rama, you are talented very well in archery, no one could compete with you, and when Varuna disrespected you, with your talents in archery, you have made him to realise that you are not an ordinary man.
9. Hey KarunaSagara, you are showering your mercy towards your devotees like an ocean, your Rama Mantra gives more sweetness to your devotees, those who do not chant your Rama Mantra, would not lead a comfortable life in this world, since only by reciting the Rama Mantra, the sins of the people would be cleansed and they would become pure and pious in their lives.
“JAI SRI RAMABHAKTA HANUMANE NAMAHA”