Guru Gokuldas Maharaj was born in the year 1907 in a village in Uttar Pradesh. He was a great saint and remained as a strict bachelor throughout his life. He was also interested in the political affairs of our country, and gave his valuable suggestions to the then Prime Minister, Jawaharlal Nehru in the year 1962, when China invaded India. He performed severe penance for the well-being of the Indian people in the Chitrakoot hills for a few days.
He was an ardent devotee of Lord Rama, and he used to chant the Rama Mantra regularly. He visited several holy temples, and offered his prayers. He was a great patriot and he highly respected the Indian freedom fighters. He was a gentle and a holy man, and along with spiritual service, he has done lot of social welfare activities also.
1. Worship Lord Rama, and sing his glories.
2. Avoid making gossips and hatred speeches, and always be kind with others.
3. Develop the good habits like patience, forgiveness and generosity.
4. Welcome the visiting guests, and offer sufficient food to them.
5. Make the impossible into possible.
6. Always keep your mind and body clean and pure.
7. Don’t allow unwanted thoughts to enter in your mind. Do meditation on the almighty.
8. Treat all the religious people as alike, and move with everyone in a cordial manner.
9. Utilize your time in a productive manner.
10. Discuss about spiritual matters with your friends.
11. Preach the teachings of the great saints amongst the people, by telling the miracles performed by them.
12. Live like a lion, and don’t afraid of others.