Sant Garib Das (1717–1778) was a saint and spiritual reformer and he was the founder of the Garibdasipanth, a sect which contains his spiritual teachings. He was born in the year 1717 in a Jat family in a village in Haryana, and he was the author of Garibdassi Granth.
His holy work contains some verses of the great saint and poet Kabir das. He was a strict follower of Kabir, and similar to him he was a great devotee of Lord Ram. Similar to Kabir, he used to roar like a lion and tell “LET US PUT SOIL ON THE MOUTH OF THOSE PEOPLE WHO DOESN’T WANT TO UTTER THE RAMA MANTRA”.
He left his physical body in this earth in the year 1778, and a temple was constructed at the place of his death. From his holy book we can know about different forms of Bhakti and Vedanta. The holy book gives the various ways to reach the place of Heaven.
Garibdas considered Kabir and Rama as his favourite masters. According to him, both Lord Rama and Sant Kabirdas are one and the same. The Garibdasis are found in some of the villages and cities of Punjab and Haryana.
1. Don’t differentiate people in the name of caste, creed and religion.
2. All the religions preach only good teachings to us which have to be adopted in our daily life.
3. Have faith in god, and don’t make clashes between each other in the name of religion.
4. Love, affection, kindness, gentleness and generosity are to be adopted to lead a sin free life.
5. Your life darkness can only be removed by the spiritual light.
6. Let always be your thoughts filled with full of devotion on the god.
7. Frequent worries would kill your peacefulness, and lead to mental stress and mental disorders.Hence always adopt a tension free life.
8. Saints are the saviours sent by the god to teach the goodness among the people.
9. Be polite, noble and always follow the path of righteousness.
Let us worship the holy saint and be blessed.
“OM SANT GARIB DAS NAMAHA”