Falgun month or Phalgun month is the 11th month among 12 Hindu months in Nepali Calendar. Falgun month 2010 will start on February 13 and end on March 13 in 2010 as per Nepali calendar. In North Indian caledar, Phalgun month in 2010 starts on January 31 and ends on February 28. As per Gujarati, Marathi, Telugu and Kannada calendars, Falgun month 2010 will begin on February 15 and end on March 15 in 2010.
Aunshi is the first day of a Nepali month and Chaturdashi marks the ending of a month. Aunshi is the No Moon day (Amavasya) as per Nepali calendar. The major festivals during Falgun month are – Fagu Purnima (Phagu Poornima), Holi or Tarai Holi, and Sheetalashtami. Nepali Hindus follow Vikram Sambat calendar and 2009-2010 is the year 2066 as per this calendar.
Festivals dates in Falgun month 2010:
- Amalaki Ekadasi – February 25, 2010
- Phagu Purnima – February 28, 2010
- Holi 2010 or Tarai Holi 2010 – March 1, 2010
- Sheetalashtami or Shitalashtami – March 8, 2010
- Papmochani Ekadashi – March 11, 2010