Here is the list of Important Disciples of Paramahansa Yogananda. Minott W. Lewis, Sister Yogmata, Tara Mata, Gyanamata, Mildred Hamilton, Kamala, Premananda and Durga Mata are important disciples of Paramahansa Yogananda.
1. Minott W. Lewis, a Boston dentist, and his wife Mildred were among Yogananda’s first disciples in America. They were his lifelong disciples.
2. Sister Yogmata, Boston. She was inspired by the teachings of Yogananda, and became a saint. In 1920 in Boston, she started meditation centre in the United States.
3. Tara Mata was a direct disciple of Yogananda and worked tirelessly till her death in 1971. She is also called as the Divine Mother by her followers.
4. Gyanamata attained sainthood under Yogananda in the year 1932. She served Yogananda and SRF, until her death in 1951.
5. Mildred Hamilton was made the centre leader for the Yogananda spiritual centre in Seattle, WA, and became a saint in 1950 by Yogananda. He gave her the title Yogacharya in 1951.
6. Kamala met Yogananda in 1925 and worked as his assistant. In 1935, Yogananda had given sainthood to Kamala, and she served properly till her retirement in 1974.
7. Premananda, was given the title of Swami in 1941 by Yogananda. He spread the teachings of Paramahansa Yogananda and taught Kriya Yoga meditation to the people.
8. Durga Mata devoted her entire life towards doing service to her guru Sri Yogananda and for his SRF mission. She preached the principles of Yogananda throughout America.
Let us praise Paramahamsa Yogananda and his disciples and be blessed.