Arumuka Navalar (1822–1879) was a Sri Lankan Shaivite Tamil scholar, saint and an ardent devotee of Lord Muruga. His birth name was Nallur Arumuga Pillai.
He was born in a Tamil Vellalar family in Nallur, Jaffna at Srilanka, and became one of the preachers of the Shaivism sect. Though, he translated the bible into the Tamil language, he prevented the Hindus from converting to Christianity.
He searched for the Tamil Holy texts written in palm leaf manuscripts, and preserved it, and published it in the form of books.He prohibited the devotees of Lord Shiva from doing animal sacrifice. His father was a Tamil poet and taught Tamil literature to him. His mother Sivakami was chaste and a pious women, who used to feed food to the Shiva devotees at her home.
Navalar studied the Vedas, Shastras and Puranas at his younger age itself, and he wrote bhakti texts and published it, for the benefit of the readers. He remained as a strict bachelor, and lived his life by spreading the “SHIVA BHAKTI” and “MURUGA BHAKTI” among the devotees.
1. Worship Lord Shiva and Muruga in order to get spiritual enlightenment.
2. Read the holy Puranas, Life history of Nayanmar Saints, and get peace of mind.
3. Provide food to the poor and needy and do lot of charitable works.
4. Realize the god from your heart, and regularly do meditation, and worship the god whole heartedly.
5. Chant the holy names of Lord Shiva and Muruga, and get the divine bliss.
6. Consider all the living beings as the forms of Lord Shiva, and show your kindness on each and every living being.
7. Visit the holy temples, and offer your sincere prayers to the almighty.
8. Don’t hate others, and give respect to everybody.
9. Worship your parents, by considering them as the forms of Shiva-Shakti.
Let us worship the holy saint and be blessed.
“OM SRI ARUMUKA NAVALARE NAMAHA”
“OM SRI ARUMUKANE NAMAHA”
“OM NAMAH SHIVAYA”