How to Apply for Kailash Mansarovar Yatra? What is the procedure to apply for Kailash Mansarovar Yatra?
NOTE: Fees are payable after selection only.
- Entire application process has been made online only
- Paper applications will NOT be accepted.
- To apply online, go to: http://kmy.gov.in
- The Yatra-2015 will be conducted between 08 June and 09 September through two different routes – Lipulekh Pass in Uttarakhand and Nathu La in Sikkim.
- Applicants are required to indicate their choice for both the routes in the order of their preferences.
- Applicants are also required to select a place as END-POINT to terminate their Yatra on return leg:
- Route-1 (Lipulekh): DHARCHULA or DELHI.
- Route-2 (Nathu La): GANGTOK or DELHI.
Requirements for application:
- Scanned copy of recent passport size colour PHOTOGRAPH in <.jpg> format not exceeding 300 kb in size.
- Scanned copies of first and last pages of ordinary Indian PASSPORT containing personal and family details in <.pdf> format not exceeding 500 kb in size.
- eMail address and Mobile number are compulsory to be mentioned in the application form for communication purposes.
Applicants may carefully note the following conditions before applying:
- Applicants should possess an ordinary Indian passport valid for at least six months as on 01 September 2015.
- It is the individual’s responsibility to ensure that application contains accurate information and that it is complete in every respect including date of birth.
- Incomplete applications are liable to be rejected.
- Incorrect or false information in the application form will be ground for disqualification at any stage, including during the Yatra. All payments made earlier will, thus, be forfeited.
- Failure to pass the medical examinations in Delhi and en route will be ground for disqualification.
- A Yatri, disqualified on medical and/or other grounds in Delhi or outside, will forfeit the non-refundable deposit and other payments made earlier.
Important Documentation after Selection
Yatris must ensure to bring following documents with them when they report in New Delhi for the Yatra after their selection:
- An ordinary Indian passport, valid for at least six months as on 01 September 2015.
- Indemnity Bond, executed on a non-judicial stamp paper of Rs.10, or as applicable locally, and authenticated by First Class Magistrate or Notary Public. Selected Yatris are required to sign this Indemnity Bond stating that they undertake the Yatra at their own risk.
- Undertaking for evacuation by helicopter in case of emergency.
- Consent Form for cremation of mortal remains on Chinese side in case of death there.