Upanayanam dates 2012, Upanayana Muhurthams 2012

The list of Upanayanam dates in 2012 or Upanayana Muhurthams 2012 are given here. Upanayanam or Yagnopaveetha Dharana is the sacred thread ceremony generally performed to Brahmins boys who are under 16 year-old.

Upanayanam is known as Upanayanam in Malayalam, Punal in Tamil, Odugu or Upanayanamu in Telugu, Upanayana or Munji in Kannada, Janeu in Hindi, Munja in Marathi, Munji in Konkani, Lagundeoni in Assamese, Uponayon in Bengali, Brata Ghara in Oriya, Bratabandra in Nepali, Mekhal in Kashmiri, Munji or Noola Madimme in Tulu, Yagnopavit in Gujarati, and Janya in Sindhi.

You can get good and auspicious Upanayana muhurats in 2012. Every muhurtham is included with tithi, vaaram, nakshatram, lagnam, and the best time.

Upanayanam Muhurthas in January 2012

25 January 2012, Wednesday – Shukla Paksha Dwitiya – dhanista nakshatra – Meena lagna – best time = 9.51 am.

28 January 2012, Saturday – Shukla Paksha Panchami – uttara bhadrapada nakshatra – Meena lagna – best time = 9.40 am.

30 January 2012, Monday – Shukla Paksha Saptami – Ashwini nakshatra – Meena lagna – best muhurta = 9.32 am.

Upanayana dates in February 2012

2 February 2012, Thursday – Shukla paksha dasami – rohini nakshatra – meena lagna – good time = 9.21 am.

4 February 2012, Saturday – shukla paksha dwadasi – mrugashira nakshatra – meena lagnam – auspicious muhurat = 9.11 am.

12 February 2012, Sunday – Krishna paksha panchami – hastha nakshatra – meena lagna – auspicious time = 8.39 am.

26 February 2012, Sunday – Shukla paksha chaturthi – Ashwini nakshatram – meenam lagna – best muhurta = 7.43 am.

Upanayanam muhurthams in March 2012

4 March 2012, Sunday – Shukla paksha ekadashi – punarvasu nakshatram – meena lagnam – best muhurtha = 7.16 am.

9 March 2012, Friday – Krishna paksha pratipada – uttara nakshatram – meena lagnam – best muhurat = 6.56 am.

12 March 2012, Monday – Krishna paksha chaturthi – swathi nakshatra – meena lagnam – best time = 6.43 am.

14 March 2012, Wednesday – Krishna paksha saptami – anuradha nakshatra – meena lagnam – best muhurtha – 6.35 am.

Upanayanam Muhurats and dates in April 2012

8 April 2012, Sunday, Dwitiya – Swati Nakshatra – Mithuna lagna – auspicious muhurat = 11.41 AM

14 April 2012, Saturday, Navami – Uttarashada nakshatra – Mithuna lagna. Auspicious muhurtham = 11.18 AM

16 April 2012, Monday, Ekadasi – Dhanishta nakshatra – Mithuna lagna. Muhurtha = 11.10 AM

25 April 2012, Wednesday, Chaturthi – Mrigashira nakshatra – Mithuna lagnam. Time = 10.34 AM

26 April 2012, Thursday, Panchami – Mrigasira nakshatram – Vrishabha lagna. Best time = 7.41 AM

28 April 2012, Saturday, Saptami – Punarvasu nakshatra – Mithuna lagna. Auspicious time = 10.22 AM

28 April 2012, Saturday, Saptami – Punarvasu nakshatra – Karkataka lagna. Best time = 11.19 AM

29 April 2012, Sunday, Ashtami – Pushya Nakshatra, Karka lagna. Auspicious muhurat = 11.16 AM

Upanayana dates in May 2012, Upanayanam Muhurthams

30 May 2012, Wednesday, Navami – Uttara nakshatra, Karka lagna. Auspicious time = 8.50 AM to 11.02 AM

31 May 2012, Thursday, Ekadasi – Hasta nakshatra, Karkataka lagna. Shubh muhurat = 8.46 AM to 10.58 AM

Upanayana dates in June 2012, Upanayanam Muhurthams June 2012

1 June 2012, Friday, Dwadasi – Chitra Nakshatra, Mithuna Lagna. Time: 6.30 AM to 8.42 AM

13 June 2012, Wednesday, Navami – Uttarabhadra Nakshatram, Mithuna Lagna. Time: 5.42 AM to 7.54 AM

13 June 2012, Wednesday, Dasami – Revathi Nakshatram, Mithuna Lagna. Time: 5.42 AM to 7.54 AM

13 June 2012, Wednesday, Dasami – Revati Nakshatra, Karkataka Lagna. Time: 7.54 AM to 10.06 AM

14 June 2012, Thursday, Dashami / Ekadasi – Revathi Nakshatra, Mithuna Lagnam. Time: 5.38 AM to 7.50 AM

14 June 2012, Thursday, Dashami – Revathi Nakshatra, Karka Lagnam. Time: 7.50 AM to 10.02 AM

15 June 2012, Friday, Ekadasi – Ashwini Nakshatra, Karkataka Lagna. Time: 7.47 AM to 9.59 AM

There is no good muhurat for Upanayanam in 2nd week of June 2012 & 1st half of July 2012.

Upanayanam Muhurthams in July 2012

25 July 2012, Wednesday, Saptami – Hastha Nakshatram, Simha Lagna. Time: 7.21 AM to 9.27 AM

26 July 2012, Thursday, Ashtami – Chitra Nakshatra, Simha Lagnam. Time: 7.17 AM to 9.23 AM

28 July 2012, Saturday, Dashami – Anuradha Nakshatra, Simha Lagna. Time: 7.09 AM to 9.15 AM

Upanayanam Muhurtham dates in August 2012

2 August 2012, Thursday, Purnima – Sravana Nakshatra, Simha Lagna. Time: 6.49 AM to 8.55 AM

3 August 2012, Friday, Dwitiya – Dhanista Nakshatra, Simha Lagnam. Time: 6.45 AM to 8.51 AM

8 August 2012, Wednesday, Sashti – Ashwini Nakshatra, Simha Lagna. Time: 6.25 AM to 8.31 AM

12 August 2012, Sunday, Dashami – Rohini Nakshatram, Simha Lagnam, Time: 6.09 AM to 8.15 AM

13 August 2012, Monday, Ekadashi – Mrigashira Nakshatra, Simha Lagna. Time: 6.05 AM to 8.11 AM

There is no Shubh Muhurat for Upanayanam in 2nd half of August 2012, September 2012 and October 2012 as the period is Adhika Bhadrapada Month and Nija Bhadrapada Month.

Upanayanam dates & Muhurthams in November 2012

3 November 2012, Saturday, Chaturthi – Mrigashira Nakshatram, Dhanur Lagna. Time: 9.13 AM to 11.22 AM

21 November 2012, Wednesday, Navami – Shatabhisha Nakshatra, Makara Lagna. Time: 10.13 AM to 12.05 noon

23 November 2012, Friday, Ekadashi – Uttarabhadra Nakshatram, Makar Lagna. Time: 10.05 AM to 11.57 AM

24 November 2012, Saturday, Ekadasi – Revati Nakshatra, Makara Lagna, Time: 10.01 AM to 11.53 AM

25 November 2012, Sunday, Dwadashi – Ashwini Nakshatra, Makar Lagna., Time: 9.57 AM to 11.49 AM

30 November 2012, Friday, Dwitiya (Vidiya) – Mrugashira Nakshatra, Makara Lagnam. Time: 9.38 AM to 11.30 AM

Upananayana Muhurthams in December 2012

2 December 2012, Sunday, Chaturthi – Punarvasu Nakshatra, Makara Lagna. Time: 9.30 AM to 11.22 AM

3 December 2012, Monday, Panchami – Pushya Nakshatra, Makara Lagna, Time: 9.26 Am to 11.18 AM

8 December 2012, Saturday, Dashami – Hastha Nakshatra, Makar Lagna. Time: 9.06 AM to 10.58 AM

9 December 2012, Sunday, Ekadashi – Chitra Nakshatra, Makar Lagna. Time: 9.02 AM to 10.54 AM

17 December 2012, Monday, Panchami – Dhanista Nakshatra, Kumbha Lagnam. Time: 10.22 AM to 12.01 noon

22 December 2012, Saturday, Dashami – Revati Nakshatra, Kumbh Lagna. Time: 10.02 AM to 11.41 AM

23 December 2012, Sunday, Ekadasi – Ashwini Nakshatra, Kumbha Lagna. Time: 9.58 AM to 11.37 Am

26 December 2012, Wednesday, Trayodasi / Chaturdashi – Rohini Nakshatra, Kumbha Lagnam. Time: 9.46 AM to 11.25 AM

27 December 2012, Thursday, Chaturdashi – Mrigashira Nakshatra, Kumbh Lagna. Time: 9.42 AM to 11.21 AM

29 December 2012, Saturday, Pratipada (Padyami) – Punarvasu Nakshatra, Kumbh Lagna. Time: 9.34 AM to 11.13 AM

30 December 2012, Sunday, Dwitiya (Vidiya) – Pushyami Nakshatra, Kumbha Lagnam. Time: 9.30 AM to 11.09 AM

Write Your Comment

135 Comments

1. Kannan says:

Sir, we are Yajur Vedha and my son D.O.B.is 03.09.2001 – Purvabhadhra – we propose to do Upanayanam during Feb, 2012 i.e. in Maasi month of Tamil as that day is Friday, Sukhlabaksha Thrudhiyai, Uthraproshtapadha Star. Lagna is proposed to be Mithuna Lagna.

Is this date & Lagna good for his Upanayana? If not, please advise us with reason.

2. SeethaRamaKrishnan says:

In the following muhurtam, Saturn is in 8th place in (Libra) which is not acceptable for upanayana. What is the exception ?

• naveen.sanagala says:

Dear Seetha Ramakrishnan, we are not into detailed astrology. We will revert back to you with good solution.

3. Rajesh Kullkarni says:

Sir, I want to do Upanayanam in December 2011 or in May 2012 his date of birth is 17/3/2006 which is the ideal dates please advice.
    Regards,
    Raj Kulakarni

• naveen.sanagala says:

I will update dates for Upanayanam in December 2011 very soon. May 2012 dates will be updated in December 2011.

4. Rajesh Kullkarni says:

Sorry it is 17/3/2004 not 2006 please advice

5. vignesh says:

SIR, I want to upanayanam for my son.DOB- 09-08-2001,revathi ,meena rasi. upanayanam during jan to may. kindly good muhurtha days forur advice. thanks .

6. sudhir kanade says:

Are there no muhurts in 2012 after March 2012 for Munj sanskar?
    I want Munj muhurts in December 2012.

7. VITHALRAO KULKARNI says:

Dear sir,
    Folowing are the details about my sons birth date and pl.give auspicious dates in 2012 for upananayan.
    Date of birth:12/12/1998
    birth time :7.25 am

VITHALRAO KULKARNI

8. Dr.Shilpa Asegaonkar says:

My son Ojas born on 26-10-2000. Kindly give an auspicious muhurt for upnayan sanskar in Oct. Nov. or December2011. Thank you.

9. Priti Joshi says:

My son’s DOB is 7/17/1996.Please suggest an auspicious muhurat for upnayan sanskar in April / June / July / Dec 2012.
    Thank You.

10. Naresh Chandavarkar says:

Sir,
    I am from United Arab Emirates. I would like to know is there any auspicious muhurt for upanaya in July 20112 or December 2012. Thanks and Regards

11. Srinivas J says:

I need dates for my sons Upanayanam in 2010.

Name- Prajwal S
    Date of Birth – 25-10-2001
    Time of Birth – 1.25 pm
    Raashi- Makara
    Nakshatra- Sravana

12. Ashvin joshi says:

My son name sushrut. Birth 14 aug 2003 at ahmedabad gujarat. Advise for date of yagnopavit muhurat.

13. SOUHRID says:

my son souhrid was born on 15th august’2003 at 10:30 am & would request to suggest on appropriate date & year for upanayan

14. omm Mohapatra says:

want to know perfect date for my son “s thread ceremony .date of birth is 16th august 2003 .Mina Rasi

15. L.Subramanya says:

Sir, We want to perform Upanayana to our Grandson. His DOB : 05-03-2003, TOB: 9-15am, POB : Bangalore. Please suggest suitable dates for Upanaya in May 2012.

16. pramod says:

sir, my grandson’s date of birth is18.03.2002 at 06.31 hrs at berhamur,ganjam district in orissa.his is mesha rasi,bharani nakhatra,kumbha lagna. SUN and VENUS are in 12th house in lagna.JUPITER is in 3rd house from rasi…….. I propose to perform his UPANAYANA on the day of AKHAYATRITIYA on 24.04.2012.please see whether it is suitable to him? …also kindly suggest other suitable dates in MAY and JUNE 2012….with regards……

17. nagaraja says:

Sir,
    My son is now 18 can we conduct upanayanam in dhakshinayana.Because some people says that upanayana tobe conducted in uttarayana only. kindly reply

18. venkatesan says:

Sir,
    our grandson was born on 23.12.2003. Please suggest on appropriate date for upanayanm in the month of june /july 2012

19. venkatesan says:

our grandson’s birth star is Sadhayam kumbarasi . His birthdate is 27the December in 2003. we want to conduct his upanayanam in the month of june /july 2012.
    Please suggest an appropriate date for upanayanam

20. Kamala G says:

We belong to Telugu Brahmin family(Vaidiki Veganatlu) and would like to perform the upanayanamu of our son Siddharth Gurla born on 15 March 2000 (Punarvasu Nakshatram).

Due to some personal problems we would like to perform the upanayanam at the earliest.Please suggest suitable date/time for the same.

21. r koushik says:

sir,
    my son r.koushi date of birth 1.7.2003 we would like to perform the upanayanam. pl suggest suitable date/time for the same.

regards
    v raaman

22. Ganpat Verlekar says:

My son Sandeep date of birth 26.02.2002 we would like to perform the upanayanam in april 2012. Please suggest suitable date and muhuratam

23. Nagabhushana.S says:

Dear sir,

We have proposed to do upnanyana for my first son on 2/feb/2012, thursday, rohoini nakshara, meshalagna, 11-15am to 12:47pm. Is this OK ? can you please suggest us and clarify our following doubts:-

on that day 2/feb/2012 “krithika” nakshara will be existing during sun raise till 8:50 am, which is not sutitable for any auspicious events. so we are staring upanayan events from 9:00 am during which rohini will ascent. The lagna mahurtha will be at 11:15 am to 12: 45 pm which is in mesha lagna is it OK?.

Please suggest at the earliest.

Thanks and best regards,
    Nagabhushana.S
    9902548364.
    #1253, III-Cross, Nagappa block, Bangalore-560021.
    e-mail: nag@iiap.res.in

24. prathima says:

Sir, Can you please let me know if May 30th 2012, 8:50AM is the right muhurat for Upanayanam for my son Dhruv who was born on 26th April 2005 i.e. Tuesday 26th april 1:26AM, Vishaka Nakshatra.

25. kedar says:

My son’s birth date is 19th aug 2004. I want upnayn muhurt in may.

26. ridhi says:

can you tel us upanayanam muhurat in april 2012 to december 2012 and what is age for this odd number or even like 9. 11 years or 8 or 10 years ? plz reply to this and right place to do this thanks

27. SACHIN says:

MY SON’S DOB IS 15 FEB 2001 TIME 7 PM AHMEDABAD. kINDLY SUGGEST UPNAYAN MUHURAT IN MARCH 2012

28. D. C. Vyas says:

Pranam,
    We R Audichya Tolak Brahmin. Gotra – Paulatshya, Vedshakha – Madhandini, my son born on 20.05.1998, 5.55 am at Vadodara.
    Kindly suggest muhurat for his upanayan sanskar in April or May 2012.
    Astu.

29. Ranjan Banerjee says:

My only son Soumyodeep Banerjee’s D.O. B is 04.03.2000,
    (Bengali Month is 20th Falgun). Please let me know the suitable dates in Baishak, 1419, if possible.
    Thanks.
    Ranjan Banerjee
    (Father)

30. Sundaresh Iyer says:

My sons dob is 2nd Aug 2005 and nakshatra Thirvadrai, I want
    to perform punal ceremony in May 2012, Pl advise auspicious
    date.

31. Leela Rao says:

Hello,

Can you please provide Upanayana dates for April 2012 (B/n Mar 30th to April 25th).
    His DOB is 18/6/1996

Thank you.

32. Pundalika Shenoy says:

My grandson’s birthday is 18th August 2001. Can you suggest suitable upanayanam lagnams/dates for him during June/August 2012 please ?

33. Pundalika Shenoy says:

My grandson’s date of birth is 18th August 2001 (16.46 hours at New York NY). Can you please suggest suitable dates during June/August 2012 for his Upanayanam ?

34. vamsi says:

hi can i get the details of muhurtha for upanayanam in march 2012
    my parents are planning on 2nd march 2012
    please let me know the dates and timings

35. Anup says:

Sir, on 26th April 2012 what is the time of Munj Muhurat ? please do the needful.

36. Pundalika Shenoy says:

During last week twice I had sent requests, which appeared on this page and today they have vanished. I wonder, what happened !
    I had stated my grandson’s date of birth 18th August 2001 at New York, U.S.
    I had requested for suggested upanayanam muhuratam during June/ August 2012 period. I am still waiting for a response.
    Thanks

• naveen.sanagala says:

Sorry for that,

But presently we are unable to process customised astrology services (personal muhurats, etc.). Sorry for that.. All the muhurats given here are generalised muhurthams…

37. Pundalika Shenoy says:

Do you seriously reply to our msgs. ? I had sent three of them but till now no response !!!

• naveen.sanagala says:

To all readers & visitors,

Presently we are unable to provide personalised muhurats for Upanayanams, marriages, etc.. we are giving generalised muhurthams in Hindupad.

38. k venkateswara rao says:

My son’s date of birth is 31.10.1984. We want to perfrom his upanayan during 2012 before august. We also have to do grihapravesh during 2012 feb, and may 2012 . Will it be possible perform both the functions. We are in dilemma. Can u help in resolving?

39. sheetal says:

my son was born on 31st may 2005. we want to do munja in 2012, but preferably in december 2012. there are no munja muharats during that time. can you suggest if can do the munja during that time on lagna muharats,

40. k.r.balaji says:

Sir, I wish to perform my son’s upanayanam in month of april 2012. His name is Vinay and his date of birth is 5/3/1998,birth star is Rohini,vrishabha raasi.Kindly intimate me about a good date as to when his upanayanam can be performed.
    Regards,
    Balaji

41. k.r.balaji says:

I heard that 15/april/2012 is a good day for performing upanayanam.Is it right .Please advice on this.
    Balaji

42. suklachaudhuri says:

my son’s birthday is 04.04.2000. I want to arrange his upanayan in may 2012. kindly let me know the dates of may If there is no date available in may please sent me date within december 2012.

43. poornachandrarao says:

I want to perform my son’s upanayanam.My nakshatra is ashlesha and my so’s nakshatra is sravanam. Pl just me dates .

44. Suraj Mukherjee says:

Sir I want upanayanm dates for my son who will complete 13 yrs on 16.07.2012. Then I want to dates required from July 2012 to continue in June 2013 in bengali methods. please provide me for necessary arrangements.
    Thank you Suraj Nath Mukherjee, 09990043338 from New Delhi.

45. krishna sathvik says:

my son’s birthday is 26-08-1997.i want to perform upanayanam in february 2012.star is mrugasira,vrishabha raasi . kindly intimate me about a good date.please advise on this. shashikumar.mantripragada, nalgonda.a.p.

46. Kumar says:

i would like thread ceremony mahurat dates for my sons 1-1-2000 and 21-11-2003; looking to know dates n times for june 2012, thanks……..

47. sai akshay says:

My son is born on Sep 9 2003 – chadhaya nakshatra kumbarasi , could you suggest a date for upanayanam in March 2012 with multiple muhurtha times that we could choose from .. Thanks for your help .. regrds lakshmi

48. kaipa nagabhushana sastry says:

Respected Sir,
    my grand son’s birth star is chitta 2nd padam and his father’s birth star is Revathi.The upanayanam for the boy is tentatively fixed for 8th April 2012.KIndly advise if this is ok,if not I would request you to suggest best available muhurtham. With pranams nagabhushana sastry

49. Manu Khare says:

Dear Sir: Are there any upanayanam muhurtams in June, July and August 2012. Our son’s birthdate is 11/23/2001.

50. narasimharao bharadwaj says:

sir, my son’s dob 27-5-1986, uttarashdha 3 rd , my husband’s is 25-9-1955, poorvasadha 4 th , mine is 14-11-1958 moola 4 th. pl let me know suitable muhurtam for upanayanam in may 2012 or june 2012