Navratri 2012 dates are listed here. Navratri (Durga Navratras, Navratri Durga Puja) is celebrated for 4 times in a year. Navratri 2012 in October dates and Navratri calendar for 2012 is given here.
Chaitra Navratri, Ashad Navratri, Ashwin Navratri, and Magh Navratri are the Navratras celebrated. Chaitra Navratri falls in March, Ashad Navratri in June – July, Sharad Navratri in September – October, Magh Navratri in January – February.
Among all four Navratras Ashwin Sharan Navaratri and Chaitra Vasant Navratri are the popular ones. Chaitra Navratri dates in 2012 are – March 23 to April 1. Here are the main Navratras dates (Devi Durga Saran Navratri in October 2012).
Dates of Navratri 2012 – Navratri Durga Puja 2012 dates:
- First Day of Navratri 2012 – Kalasha Sthapana (Ghatasthapana) – Prathami Puja or Padyami Puja – Installation of earthen pot – Ashwayuja Shukla Padyami (Ashwin masa Shudda Prathami) – October 16, Tuesday
- Second Day of Navratri 2012 – Preethi Dwitiya (Preeti Vidiya) – Ashwayuja Shudda Dwitiya – October 17
- Third Day of Navratri 2012 – Sthana Vriddhi Gauri Vrata – Ashwin Masa Shudda Tritiya (Aswayuja Shukla Thadiya) – October 18
- Fourth Day of Navratri 2012 – Bhouma Chaturthi – Ashwin Masa Shudda Chaturthi (Ashwayuja Shukla Chavithi) – October 19.
- Fifth Day of Navratri 2012 – Upang Lalitha Gauri Vrata (Sri Lalitha Panchami or Maha Panchami)– Ashwin Shudda Panchami – October 20.
- Sixth Day of Navratri 2012 – Maha Sashti – Ashwin Shudda Sashti – Ashwin Shudda Sashti – October 21. (Saraswati Avahan – Saraswati Pujan begins)
- Seventh Day of Navratri 2012 – Maha Saptami – Ashwin Shudda Saptami – Triratra Vrata Aarambha Utsava Puja (Trirathrotsavam) – October 21. (Saraswati Pujan)
- Eighth Day of Navratri 2012 – Durga Ashtami (Maha Astami) – Ashwin Shudda Astami – Sri Maha Durga Puja – Bathukamma Festival in Telangana region of Andhra Pradesh – Goddess Saraswati Mata Puja – October 22. (Saraswati Baliddan / Visarjan – Saraswati Pujan ends).
- Ninth Day of Navratri 2012 – Maharnavami Puja (Maha Navami) – Suhasini Puja – Ayudha Puja – Kanya Puja or Kumari Puja – Ashwin Shudda Navami – October 23.
- Tenth Day of Navratri 2012 – Vijaya Dashami (Dussera / Dasara / Dussehra) – Mahishasura Vadha – Ashwin Shudda Dashami – October 24.
In some regions, Goddess Durga idol immersion (Durga Nimajjan or Durga Visarjan) is held on the day of Vijaya Dashami.