Temples of Lord Kalabhairava in North India.. Here is the list of Bhairava Temples in North India..
One of the ancient Kala Bhairava temples is located near Purana Qila in New Delhi. According to the local legends, the Pandava brothers during the successful building of their capital Indraprastha, the temple was largely established.
It is to be highly noted that Purana Qila is often said to be the Pandava’s castle and the said temple was perfectly situated in its backyard.
Other popular Kalabhairava temples located in northern India are as follows:
- Bhairuji Mandir at Village – Dujar (worshipped by Gurjar – Poswal priests), Tehsil – Ladnun, Nagaur, Rajasthan
- The Kaal Bhairav Nath Mandir at Varnegaon, Satara, Maharastra.
- Shri Kala Bhairav Naath Temple at Adegaon, Madhya Pradesh
- Chomukha Bhairavji Temple at Kharkhara, Khetri, Rajasthan
- Shri Kala Bhairava Temple at Amer Fort, Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Kalabhairava Temple in Ujjain
- Bhairavnath Temple at Sinnar, Nashik, Maharashtra
- Shree Kala Bhairavnath Mahadev at NH-8, Bhairav Gaun, Kamrej, Surat, Gujarat
- Bhomia ji Temple at Jain Swetambar Kothi, Madhuban, Jharkhand.
- Kala Bhairava Temple at Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
- Bhairava Kona at Nellore, Andhra Pradesh
- Kala Bhairav Temple at Toliasar, Sri Dungargarh, Rajasthan
- Kodamdesar Ramdevra Temple at Jaisalmer Highway, Rajasthan
- Sri Nakoda Bhairav Jain Temple at Barmer District, Rajasthan
- ‘Pracheen’ Bhairava Temple at Nehru Place, New Delhi.
- Kala Bhairav Temple at Ujjain, M.P.
- Kaal Bhairva Temple at Ratanpur, considered to be guardian deity of Mahamaya Temple
These temples are largely visited by Hindu devotees and pilgrims on all auspicious days and religiously important days with much devotion and dedications.